Re: Septemberfest: The Citizen of the Year LIVES

ENDFilms wrote:

(also, I remember someone once made a BiM emote style parrots in the trash pic, anyone have a link?)

http://bricksinmotion.com/forums/img/smilies/mini/parrots.gif

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I just came to the topic, read the rules and stuff and I already have an idea. Now to write it

I do not brickfilm anymore, but you can see my live action stuff here.

END films wrote:

(also, I remember someone once made a BiM emote style parrots in the trash pic, anyone have a link?)

simply type the word "parrots" in brackets.

(parrots)

I have not completed a brickfilm in almost a year.

I hope to change that with this contest.

William Osborne wrote:

(parrots)

good try

dewfilms wrote:

-Can we take clips from the original film ("The Citizen of the Year") and incorporate it into our film in order to 'tie the worlds/films together?'

Yes! The film is public domain and you can repurpose clips of it as you see fit.

dewfilms wrote:

-How strict are you guys going to be with the 'excessive violence' rule?
I mean heck, there's dead parrots, public urination, violence (not to mention gun violence) in TCotY!

I would personally not consider TCOTY to be 'excessive' in those regards. Furthermore, the rudeness is used for humorous
purposes, which helps soften the blow, so to speak. When all is said and done, try to create a film that would not be inappropriate for a child to see.

dewfilms wrote:

-Since our contest entry takes place within TCOTY universe, is it a major requirement that the city backgrounds match exactly like the original film?
(A lot of Lego Paradisa sets are used in the film, which are not always easy to come by. Going to be a tall order when it comes to building Balser's house for example.)

Obviously we can't (and don't) expect people to either have a bunch of Paradisia laying around, and it's not easy to obtain either. There's no requirement for the sets and backgrounds, etc to match exactly.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

What a great idea! I'm away for most of September but hopefully I should be able to put something together in October.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

On second thoughts, perhaps I'll think about it. Still not sure, though mini/confused

This is a great contest, and I'm super excited to see what comes out of it; but based on the current outlook for my near future, there's no way I'm entering, as much as I want to.

Ayyy lmao. A contest I'm finally in town for!

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

AquaMorph wrote:
William Osborne wrote:

(parrots)

good try

thanks

Sean wrote:
  • Minimum runtime is 1 minute, including any titles and credits. There is no maximum runtime. Remember, it is better to focus on quality and attention to detail than to make a very long and ambitious film, but let the quality suffer. A highly-polished three-minute movie is better than a ten-minute movie that falls apart because the director ran out of time to do it the right way. The judging system won't favor a film for simply being longer, but low production values will hurt a longer film when competing against a shorter film that is better made.

I would say that I'm pretty good at not being under the minimum time. mini/sunnies

Seriously, I hope to come up with a good idea for this! Looking forward to seeing what other people do.

"...just take stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets..." -Squid
YouTube
My standards: Philippians 4:8

I am intrigued in this contest and would love to enter. I do have a few questions on my mind tho.

When you say it has to be in the same universe, it doesn't specifically mean these exact characters or their relatives I mean could it be this contest was running say 200 years ago for example in a hostile desert wasteland (just an example) would that still count as long as the theme matches the citizen of the year?

And my next question is of importance to me, now can we say instead of citizen of the year; hero of the year, Man of the year (basic examples while just changing the word citizen for something suited for your particular film, it'll still keep the same concept but the name will match the film you are making) Is that okay? Especially if it is in the future or the past of this present environment/world.

Would love to know!

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

Divine wrote:

When you say it has to be in the same universe, it doesn't specifically mean these exact characters or their relatives I mean could it be this contest was running say 200 years ago for example in a hostile desert wasteland (just an example) would that still count as long as the theme matches the citizen of the year?

Go for it!

Sean wrote:

the film could be set in the past, the present, or the future. You can cameo the character from the original film, but you don’t have to.

Divine wrote:

...can we say instead of citizen of the year; hero of the year, Man of the year (basic examples while just changing the word citizen for something suited for your particular film, it'll still keep the same concept but the name will match the film you are making) Is that okay?

Sure. So long as the ties to The Citizen of the Year are evident.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Thanks Sean!

Alright I'll get writing on a script soon!

Sincerely,
Divine.

RELEASED! Check out my channel to watch it!
Check out my Youtube Channel New Vid every week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5NKN … 7cRn8gsNaw

uh... I'm a relativey new brickfilmer, so I got to know about this whole thing for the first time. I've real on the brickfilming wikia page in the link that TCOTY is considered the best brickfilm ever. Exactly... why? I mean, it's not a bad brickfilm, just I don't fully understand why is it "The best".

http://bricksafe.com/files/sillypenta/RTcitizen.png

It's a rather widely-shared opinion.

I just like the parrots in a can "meme". I feel like the film is just another liar/hypocrite revealed story line. mini/tongue

sillypenta wrote:

It's a rather widely-shared opinion.

I got ithat it's a widely-shared opinion, but in my class it's widely shared opinion that the hunger games is a great movie, though I disagree. But my question is... what makes it this well received. I mean, movies like Unrenewable or the magic portal seem to be more... creative? Yet they don't get a month of celebration... Or is it because of the parrots in trash? Or I couldn't afford something behind the story? Again... I don't find it a bad brickfilm. I just want to understand the reason for its celebration. Also I don't want to cause any argument... just to understand the "why" behind the thing.

Last edited by LegoStudiosP (September 4, 2015 (11:07am))