Re: BiM Summer Contest: Darkness & Light Production Topic

@William, yes, I use masking/rig-removal/"Make Legos Fly". For that particular shot, I only had to do it for one frame, but in other shots in my film, I had to do it frame after frame after frame. It's a long process.

@legoguy501, haha, you caught me. Due to a spelling error, I accidentally revealed my most hidden secret of my films, composting mini/lol

As for an update, I am finished with my film (well, almost). Everything is done except for coming up with a title and adding a music track in the credits. The title is the hardest part. But I promise I'll have one before I submit my film. It will not be released under "FILM TITLE"!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'm no where near done animating, I still need like 2 voices, I've been away on a trip since Monday and won't come back till Saturday. This should be fun...

I have three shots left to film and then I'm on to post production full time. I took a break and whipped out a short little trailer for my film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWD-WXDFdJQ

rioforce wrote:

@William, yes, I use masking/rig-removal/"Make Legos Fly". For that particular shot, I only had to do it for one frame, but in other shots in my film, I had to do it frame after frame after frame. It's a long process.

I've done likewise with mine!

Just finished a rather tough animated shaky cam shot which actually turned out decently and added a whole new layer of depth to the scene. Starting to get super motivated again to finish this!

I am sad to say that I have pretty much given up on finishing mine in time. I didn't make this decision lightly... this contest has been very important to me, and I really wanted to enter, but some things have happened in the past few weeks that were out of my control. Nothing devastating to my life, but just things that took up my time. I am now waaaay behind on animating.

Fortunately, this is a film I planned to make anyway, before I even found out about the contest. So my efforts were not wasted.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TceUvoJN_Jw/Vc0ySdJVNLI/AAAAAAAAA7Q/-1N3N7c4Weo/w346-h195/To%2Bkill%2Ba%2BBeast%2BDark%2Band%2BLight%2BLogo.png
Hows this mini/what ?

Making Motion  Youtube

That looks pretty good HP.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

I agree, nice job Headpods.
It looks slick and professional, but there is just a little something...off.
The perspective and angle just don't feel quite right.

Perhaps nudging the "To kill a" a bit closer to the center of the B and the T and lowering it just a touch?
I honestly can't figure out why it seems off, and it may just be me.
But even now, it's a good looking title screen.

Top Hat,
Sad to hear it, but I'm glad that you're wanting to finish the film anyway.

AquaMorph,
Great teaser!
Those shots look great, and while I'm not much on using songs in trailers, this one seemed to fit well.
My only critique would be the white text being somewhat hard to read on the busy flower-y background. The date isn't too bad, but the title needs something to help it stand out.

Rocky,
If you still need a voice, I could at least give it a try.

Finally finished all my sounds. Just waiting on Megagill74 to finish up the music and I'll be good to go.
Here's a behind-the-scenes look at one of the sets. All those wires, combined with the tight walls, made it pretty hard to work on. But I'm happy with the results.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I agree, nice job Headpods.
It looks slick and professional, but there is just a little something...off.
The perspective and angle just don't feel quite right.

Perhaps nudging the "To kill a" a bit closer to the center of the B and the T and lowering it just a touch?
I honestly can't figure out why it seems off, and it may just be me.
But even now, it's a good looking title screen.

mini/lol Thx! I'll try that. If that doesn't work out, I'll keep the original one.

Making Motion  Youtube

Top Hat wrote:

I am sad to say that I have pretty much given up on finishing mine in time. I didn't make this decision lightly... this contest has been very important to me, and I really wanted to enter, but some things have happened in the past few weeks that were out of my control. Nothing devastating to my life, but just things that took up my time. I am now waaaay behind on animating.

Fortunately, this is a film I planned to make anyway, before I even found out about the contest. So my efforts were not wasted.

Meaning you are quiting?

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Thanks Pritchard but the voice I need is a woman.

I'm 99% sure I won't be able to finsih in time but I'm gonna try anyway.

TSV wrote:

Meaning you are quiting?

Quitting the contest, but not the film.

Well dudes I don't know. I started this film way late and now between me starting an everyday sport, work, and my continued decline in motivation to finish this, I can't see it being done in the next two weeks. mini/sad There's a very small chance I'll be able to complete it in time, but most likely I will not. Despite that, I do plan to continue with it when I get the time to do so. Thanks to all my voice actors thus far as well.

Top Hat wrote:
TSV wrote:

Meaning you are quiting?

Quitting the contest, but not the film.

Ah I see. You can now take your time on the film.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Hi, I'm working on a Brickfilm that's almost finished and I found this contest and I decided I'm going to enter it, but I'm not sure if I can because it's Batman. I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to use this because it's DC, so if I would love to know if I can or can't, or if I got permission from DC, would be able to enter it then?

Batmanjpd Entertainment

Nathan Wells wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/gPCCsI2.png

• All entries must be primarily composed of stop-motion animation. 3D, Flash, or other animation techniques may be used to in addition to stop-motion as long as the finished product is at least roughly 70% stop-motion animation.

• Entries should use LEGO or similar building toys as primary elements.

• No mature/explicit content is allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: swearing, excessive/gory violence, overt sexual content, and blatant drug references.

• Minimum runtime is 1 minute, including any titles and credits. There is no maximum runtime. Remember, it is better to focus on quality and attention to detail than to make a very long and ambitious film, but let the quality suffer. A highly-polished three-minute movie is better than a ten-minute movie that falls apart because the director ran out of time to do it the right way. The judging system won't favor a film for simply being longer, but low production values will hurt a longer film when competing against a shorter film that is better made.

• Submitted films must be new films, created specifically for this contest.

• Entrants may only submit one entry per person.

• Films may not be posted publicly until after the contest deadline has passed.

• The entry you submit to the judges must be the entry made publicly available to everyone else.

• Entries must contain only images, sounds, music, and story material which you have the rights to distribute -- no copyrighted content to which you do not have the rights may be used. No trademarked properties which might be confused with commercial enterprises may be used. This means you can not use storylines based on characters from Star Wars, Marvel, Ninjago, or other trademarked series. You cannot base your work on copyrighted material; however, old works that are now in the public domain are acceptable source material. All material included in films submitted must be original, or content that you have expressed permission to use. If you use content that is not your own, you must be able to provide proof that you have received permission to include it in your film.  All music must be credited, even if you made it yourself.

Sorry Batman films falls under "storylines based on characters from ... other trademarked series"

Ok, well what if I got permission from DC, would I be able to then, because it also says, "If you use content that is not your own, you must be able to provide proof that you have received permission to include it in your film." So if I got permission from DC, would I be able to submit it then?

Batmanjpd Entertainment

batmanjpd wrote:

If I got permission from DC, would I be able to submit it then?

edit: No, the rule is in prohibition of using preexisting trademarked franchise characters, regardless of permission. This contest is designed to encourage the creation of original stories and characters.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Ok, Thank You for your help, although this is a bummer:( , I wasn't really making this for this contest, I just saw it and thought I might enter it because I was already working on it and was almost finished with it. Anyway, thanks again.

Batmanjpd Entertainment