Topic: "Darkest Day"

I'm planning to attempt my first scripted movie, Darkest Day.
Its a horror-drama-slight comedy about a small town in the middle of nowhere  Anyways, a lab experiment gone wrong causes a monster, Project X, to become unleashed, who bites its victims turning them into zombies. The village idiot is the only one who knows how to defeat them, hence he is obsessed with old horror movies, so he teams up with the citizens who aren't zombies yet to take down these freaks.

Yeah, this has been done a bazillion times, I know, but I was hoping to bring a twist to this overly done flick. I plan to spend lots of time on this project unlike my previous videos, and I will be looking for voice actors for small and big parts. Also, I need a few tips on lighting, so all feedback, if any, would be a huge help.
Thanks,
Jordan mini/smile

Last edited by TheyCallMeKing (March 26, 2009 (06:01pm))

I've got nothing.

Re: "Darkest Day"

The fate of the whole town lies in the hands of the village idiot. I like that. mini/lol

A few changes, not big ones, and this will be a great film for you to make.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Thank you, but would you care to elaborate?

I've got nothing.

You're definitely right that you'll need some twists to make this work, but it could be good if you get enough of them. The village idiot idea is a good start, though if you go with that I think you'd be better off making this a comedy-slight-horror-drama, rather than the other way around as you phrased it.

Perhaps take some shots at Cloverfield? That film's abuse of the shaky-cam technique is ripe to be made fun of. What kind of monster were you thinking? And who is the bigger threat, the monster or the zombies it (they?) create(s)?

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

This could be a good idea if pulled of good.

TheyCallMeKing wrote:

Thank you, but would you care to elaborate?

TheNoddle26 said it all.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Alright thanks all, I've just started working on scripting and sets.

Perhaps take some shots at Cloverfield? That film's abuse of the shaky-cam technique is ripe to be made fun of.

I'd love to do that, but I don't quite get how to animate and shake the quick-cam and make it look smooth.

I've got nothing.

You would probably want to use After Effects (which I wish I have) for that.

Sounds a bit cliche. If you get really creative on the details and production, it'll be awesome! Reminds me a bit of Nathan Well's Beast.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

It seems really cliched. Especially " Project X" and "if I bite you you're a zombie."

That's whats funny about it.

It seems really cliched. Especially " Project X" and "if I bite you you're a zombie."

Yeah, this has been done a bazillion times, I know

mini/wink

I've got nothing.