Topic: KD2000's Pre-Production

It has been a while since I have created a topic, or produced a brickfilm.
I intend to make at least one brickfilm every three or four months (not including tests and challenges).
Currently I need a script or a simple idea to kick things off but what hinders me is that I do not have a heap of bricks where I can build grand sets or a simple location like a forest. I will eventually go onto bricklink and buy some bricks but for now, I won't.
If anyone wants to help or assist me in preproduction, you need to know that:

• I have only one baseplate

• I don't mind licensed themes but if it is, it must be a set I own, preferably DC comics and Batman themes.

• I own more licensed sets than original themes

• I plan the video to be at least 1 and at most 5 minutes long. 3 minutes is the time I would aim for.

• I prefer to focus more on animation than cinematogaphy because I am still a novice in lighting up a set.

• The story is best a comedy or action whilst I do not possess enough bricks for something like a western.

• Swearing is not tolerated but death and gore is.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Re: KD2000's Pre-Production

What color is your baseplate? You might need to purchase more. I think tan makes for an excellent color for an interior set floor, and as a bonus, you can also use it to make and exterior desert scene sometimes.

What helps is to keep a notebook with you at all times to write down ideas and such. Or you can find a virtual notebook app for your smartphone that keeps track of your ideas.

I think that it helps to write without thinking about if you can film it or not, because you never know. Maybe when you finish it, it'll turn out to be possible, or if not, it might be in the future when your skills and abilities have increased. Doing so helps you practice your writing, so when it comes to writing something you do want to animate it will feel natural I guess. I don't know, maybe this advice isn't helpful. But hey, I'd love to help you write for a comedy brickfilm.

jasper wrote:

What color is your baseplate? You might need to purchase more. I think tan makes for an excellent color for an interior set floor, and as a bonus, you can also use it to make and exterior desert scene sometimes.

My baseplate is grey. I will consider the buying tanned colour depending on how much I need it.

jasper wrote:

What helps is to keep a notebook with you at all times to write down ideas and such.
I think that it helps to write without thinking about if you can film it or not, because you never know. Maybe when you finish it, it'll turn out to be possible, or if not, it might be in the future when your skills and abilities have increased. Doing so helps you practice your writing, so when it comes to writing something you do want to animate it will feel natural I guess. I don't know, maybe this advice isn't helpful. But hey, I'd love to help you write for a comedy brickfilm.

I don't keep notes, maybe I should. I do come up with ideas, but never use them because their at a very grand scale, I could someday use them in stories when I possess the right amount of bricks.

Youtube

my dad doesn't want me to brickfilm on because it's his computer, but he's not home right now at the moment.
-FilmyGuy1

Maybe you could do something like a sitcom or drama that takes place within the same room throughout the whole film.

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]