Re: BRAWL 2015

rioforce wrote:

I have a question, you said we have to show the Brick Warriors and BRAWL logo in our film, but do we have to use the exact one proved? Can we use one with a black background, or separate the logos and make them on two different screens?

You must use the exact one provided, yes. The idea of putting both in the same image is to prevent confusion as to which logo needs to be included. In regards to the black background, you make a good point that the current image is not compatible with black backgrounds. I'll make a new image that will be compatible with black, white, and other backgrounds. The first post will be updated to include the new image when it is completed.

LASF wrote:

BRAWL? What's a BRAWL?

Please refer to the BRAWL 2015 release document or thread to answer your question.

Release Document & Thread wrote:

What is BRAWL?
Brickfilm Rapidly All Week Long or BRAWL, challenges you to make a brickfilm in exactly one week. This includes idea-making, writing, recording, animating, editing and submitting to be done within the time limit. It's a challenge, but you'll enjoy it!

MBstudio wrote:

Just one question, can I speak about this contest on Brick-à-Brack ? The French Brickfilmer website ?

Absolutely! Feel free to.

sillypenta wrote:

FunSucker mentioned the possibility of allowing people a few extra days to create English subtitles, if needed (and as long as they had already submitted the film within the deadline).

The first post will be updated to include the English subtitle rules when they are completed.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:
LASF wrote:

BRAWL? What's a BRAWL?

Please refer to the BRAWL 2015 release document or thread to answer your question.

What is BRAWL?
Brickfilm Rapidly All Week Long or BRAWL, challenges you to make a brickfilm in exactly one week. This includes idea-making, writing, recording, animating, editing and submitting to be done within the time limit. It's a challenge, but you'll enjoy it!

Gotcha. Thanks!

Is there going to be a Skype chat?

-RandomBoaz    YouTube

Randomboaz wrote:

Is there going to be a Skype chat?

I'm planning on arranging some Skype calls during BRAWL.  Anyone who wants to be in them is welcome.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Haha, haven't logged on here nearly all summer, so it never really occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, there would be a BRAWL in progress. And it looks like I dropped in too late. Oh well, there's always D&L.

Best of luck to the entrants!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

BRAWL doesn't start for over 3 weeks; you still have plenty of time!

Ha, I totally read that as June 19-26, not July 19-26. Thanks for the clarification, man!

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

New updates as of today:

the linked BRAWL 2015 logo

New logo to include in entries.

Guidelines wrote:

• While the rules do not require entries to be spoken in the English language, it is recommended that your film use the English language. This is because the judging panel's first language is English. This is not meant to discourage you from making your entry in a language other than English. In fact, please refer to the "Submission" section of the contest announcement to see rules on additional time that can be used for subtitles.

Submission wrote:

Optionally, for entries whose primary language is NOT in the English language, a second version of the film may be submitted 48 hours after the deadline with added English subtitles so the judges have a better understanding of the film. In order to submit the subtitled film, the following criteria must be met:

• An entry must have been submitted before the one week deadline (July 26, 2015 12:00 am (00:00) GMT).
• The subtitled entry will be a modified version of the entry submitted before the one-week deadline. The only change that can be made is English subtitles being added. No extra shots, no extra audio, not even a change in color grade. If any changes are found, the subtitled entry will be considered void and the previously submitted non-subtitled entry will be judged.
• The subtitled entry must be submitted no later than 48 hours after the end of the BRAWL contest (July 28, 2015 12:00 am (00:00) GMT

New 48 hour time period that allows non-English entries to add English subtitles.

Youtube   Twitter

Why does BRAWL have to be on the week I go back to school? This disappoints me mini/sad

Thank you ! 48 hours for add English Subtitles ! That's Great ! I'm going to speak about that on Brick-à-Brack. mini/smile

Worldwide Brickfilm Community : Brick à Brack

YouTube Channel : MBstudio
Twitter : @MBstudio_Movies

The theme of the contest will be posted when the contest start, Right? mini/confused

Last edited by Headpods (June 30, 2015 (05:20pm))

Making Motion  Youtube

Headpods wrote:

The theme of the contest will be posted when the contest start, Right?:/

Yes, the theme and mod elements will be announced the very second the contest starts. This prevents cheating and doing things ahead of time.

However, it doesn't say that time travel is restricted this year, so I suppose that if you had a time machine...

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:
Headpods wrote:

The theme of the contest will be posted when the contest start, Right?:/

Yes, the theme and mod elements will be announced the very second the contest starts. This prevents cheating and doing things ahead of time.

However, it doesn't say that time travel is restricted this year, so I suppose that if you had a time machine...

Ahh, time travel. Thx Man!

Making Motion  Youtube

Great contest! I hope to enter it soon!:D

Headpods wrote:

The theme of the contest will be posted when the contest start, Right? mini/confused

Correct.

A thread titled "BRAWL 2015 Starts NOW!" will be posted in the Contest & Festivals forum. The thread will contain the theme, MOD elements, submission information, and a summary of the judging process.

Just two weeks away from the start of the contest! How are you all preparing?

Youtube   Twitter

This is happening the week I'm on vacation, so there's absolutely no way I'm entering, unless I can THAC an entry on the last day. (sigh)

/

Formerly known as HeliumBrick

It has to be seen, Fall Below Films. Otherwise someone could just edit the audio on an existing film to have a character say the letter.

Fall Below Films wrote:

Does the letter mod have to be seen or can it be said by a person? Please PM me if you know

• The MOD Element may NOT be inserted digitally. It must be physically present in the shot.

The MOD element must be physically present in the shot. Having a person speak the letter MOD would not count as containing the MOD element because that is digitally inserting the MOD element.

Youtube   Twitter

/

Formerly known as HeliumBrick