Topic: Brick Wars LEGO Stop Motion Contest

Hey members of Bricks in Motion, just wanted to ask if anyone would be interested in participating in the Brick Wars LEGO Stop-Motion Contest. For this contest you’ll be able to submit one LEGO brickfilm that you’ve made, there’s no timeframe so the video can be from any year, so it doesn’t have to be new. It just has to be your best work. You can make new ones for this contest, but you can use old ones. You might have a better chance of winning though if you make a new one. The show is kind of like American idol-ish for brickfilmers and will feature a playoff like bracket system to narrow down who is the newer. The show will feature a panel of judges, I’ll be the main judge and each episode will feature a guest judge.

So for the first four episodes, two videos will be selected. Myself and another guest judge will critique both of those brickfilms. Then you the audience will vote between the two videos to decide who moves on to the final round.

Each video that wins each round will compete in the final round on the fifth episode. The audience will then vote for which video is the best out of those four and that person will win Brick Wars along with some prizes. The winner of Brick Wars will a LEGO set, we’ve reveal the set on the first episode.

Videos submitted for the contest can’t include any copyrighted music, this is because portions of the brickfilm might be featured in a Brick Wars episode. The Brick Wars show will start within the next month, right now we’ll be collection submissions.

More info can be found here: http://brickultra.com/brick-wars-lego-s … contest-2/

Re: Brick Wars LEGO Stop Motion Contest

What's the theme of the contest?

Why would a new video go better than and older one if the theme is unspecific?

How do we know this guest judge is qualified to just brickfilms?

Where is this show taking place?

How often does it happen?

Why not announce the prize before hand to encourage people to enter the first episode?

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Sounds interesting, Kooberz did something similar if I'm not mistaken.
I may enter something, even if my odds of winning are nil. But you probably should have announced the prize before hand to get people hyped, then revealed a second portion to the prize during the show. Best of both worlds. Maybe throw in one of your amazing custom minifigures or something.

Too bad my best film uses copyrighted music...

Oh, Rio, there is no theme. It's just a comparison between the two films, which may lead to some odd match-ups, but it's that simple. A newer film is more likely to have higher production values, because your skill has improved. I don't know why they would prefer new films made for this, but that's just a personal preference. And we don't know about the judge, just trust them I guess. And it happens on Youtube.

There are four episodes, then a fifth released later. Probably spread over a little more than a month.

Thought it would be fun, so I entered.