Topic: Can Windows Movie Maker do 15 fps in stop-motions?

I might be using Windows Movie Maker for my stop-motions soon, so I want to know if it could do 15 fps for stop-motions.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Re: Can Windows Movie Maker do 15 fps in stop-motions?

I'm not sure I quite understand the question, could you elaborate on what you are wanting to know? It sounds to me like you want to know if you can put a series of frames into WMM and export a video from that that runs at 15 FPS.

It can shorten the frame lengths close to 15, approximately 12 if I am correct. I suggest using a different program to compile your frames into a video.

I'm pretty sure that you can't choose the frames per second in movie maker, its not that complex.
If you just looking for a program to export your images into a video then virtual dub is pretty good. Also you can change your fps to any frame rate you want with it. When you open your pictures you can just press the first picture of your image sequence and virual dub will open them all in a row. Oh and the link to virtual dub is in the updated free software list, which is in the forum equipment and software.

But if your just looking for a free stop motion program you can also look in the free software list.
Hopefully this helps?

Last edited by BlackSmithFilms (May 14, 2015 (12:35pm))

Real Love is Sacrifice, a choice to Love others more then yourself and to put their needs before yours.

Which version of Windows Movie Maker are you using? I remember in some of the older versions the smallest you could make frames was about 10fps or so but if the 'speed up double' effect was used 15fps frame sequences could technically be achieved.

In the past I've put image sequences through Monkeyjam before exporting them at 15fps and importing them into Movie Maker. It was certainly a lot less tedious than spending forever making individual frames shorter one by one.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

In the Windows Live version you can get it down to an approximation, 15 pictures will equal 1.05 seconds instead of exactly one.

Aw okay everyone. Thanks.

-TSV
2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature. The old things has passed away, and behold, the new things have come.

Select all pics with Ctrl+A, then go to Edit and type your desired duration next to "Duration". Minimum Duration is 0.03 seconds for each frame.
Hope it works!

Using my experience with Windows Movie Maker, you have to go into options, then set the duration of each frame to be .125 seconds, which is equal to 8 frames per second. You can then save it as a movie file, import it as a new project, then use the effect to double the speed of the video, which makes it 16 fps. That's the closest to 15 fps as Movie Maker gets, as far as know. Hope it helps! mini/smile

Where Creativity Meets Logic.
Youtube]

0.07 seconds is just barely above 15fps (i believe by like .5 seconds). I still use this for putting together my frames.