Topic: 15fps in iMovie?

I just have a quick question, forgive me if I'm not supposed to make a new topic for that.

A friend on another site asked if the latest version of iMovie can do 15fps or more, because the version he has can't. Can anyone tell me that? I use Windows.

Thanks.

Re: 15fps in iMovie?

I have not used iMovie to string together images, however, I believe it is possible.

First, you'll want to import your pictures into the iMovie timeline and set the duration of each frame to 0.1 seconds. After that, export the sequence of pictures into a movie file, i.e., MOV, QuickTime, etc. Once you have created a movie file, import it back into iMovie and speed up the clip to fast. The fast setting is located under the turtle icon. This will give the illusion that the clip is playing at 15fps.

Willow Tree wrote:

I have not used iMovie to string together images, however, I believe it is possible.

First, you'll want to import your pictures into the iMovie timeline and set the duration of each frame to 0.1 seconds. After that, export the sequence of pictures into a movie file, i.e., MOV, QuickTime, etc. Once you have created a movie file, import it back into iMovie and speed up the clip to fast. The fast setting is located under the turtle icon. This will give the illusion that the clip is playing at 15fps.

So, it's just a fast-rate, right? It's not truly 15 frames per second if you are just stringing it together by eye.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Yes, I suppose you're right, rioforce. Comparatively, though, the iMovie method looks nearly identical.

Thanks, guys.