Re: Hatred

Pritchard Studious, thank you for the early feedback!

I'll admit right now that it's not just "I have a few of these parts handy, where can I throw them in?" as it is "I have no 'regular' pieces left in this color, so I'll need to get creative". That's why I was playing around with them in this concept! I have success here and there, but the window is one of my favorite parts for sure. There's really not an option of buying new Lego as I don't have funding for that. (Perhaps I shall start a kick starter mini/tongue)

The slopes in the wall in the second picture may look better facing each other as the inverted ones are in the first picture.

Honestly not sure to exactly what you're referring to.

For the lights, yeah thanks for the advice. I would love to have an operational light but in the event that I cannot, I'll make it more clear what they are.

Since I didn't want to do a normal square table (I don't have that piece anyway) but I don't quite have the pieces to do a full blown fancy table, I tried going for a strange, "artsy" type table considering the type of place it is. In fact that's why I decided to the window like it is as well. I wanted to give an almost "magical realism" to the room, as there are objects: A window, table...that are normal everyday objects, but aren't quite normal in this room. Also to make it look generally modern and almost futuristic. I may redesign the table though and make it a little more stream-line, though I am fond of the current design.

While I plan on adding more to the room, maybe a picture or two on the walls...I did want it to be generally plain, empty and vast.  But we'll see as the design progresses!

Thank you thank you thank you for the feedback, I do appreciate the input. Concept or not, it makes me think about what changes need/should be made. Also gives me new ideas.

Last edited by Scypax (January 25, 2015 (12:13pm))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Pritchard Studious

That is surprisingly accurate...I like it. mini/smile

Sorry to cause any confusion, I was typing hurriedly and hadn't proofread the post enough.

I see that most of the choices were deliberate and supporting of the style you are going for, and that's great. I was looking for a different style, hence the disagreement. I admire the way you're using the parts you have to create things, rather than just buy more like so many others do. (Myself included) That's really tapping into the spirit of Lego.

I was referring to these slopes that you can see in the wall behind the table in all of the pictures. Personally, I didn't care for the way that appear when stacked on each other and facing as they did. I recommended turning them sideways, but now, I think it fits the style of the set, and would like them to stay as they are.

That help? mini/wink

Yes it is, Pritcharda Stuidiouses. (Clearly I didn't double check my post either! mini/tongue)

I appreciate that. Again I love all feedback and opinions because it really makes me think about the choices I am making and why. Plus I looked into your work and you have great sets, so your opinion is very valuable!

And oh those slopes! Well perhaps I may play with them a bit more before settling on any one style. Personally I liked the look of them, but this entire set is my first attempt of having something more than just flat walls with no "style". And considering the context of the film, I wanna have as much fun with it as I can with the pieces I have.

On a side note I don't see anything wrong with buying pieces as you need them. I suppose it just depends on what type of film you're making and what you really do need. As of right now, while I could use a couple of more "normal" pieces...I am liking the challenge of doing something out of what I have, as I believe I can.

That does help, thank you kindly for your insight! mini/smile

Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

Unavoidable double post! Yay!

Not to worry, this project has been still in production!

I was allowing some time to pass between revisions that way I could look at the script with fresh eyes. This proved to be wise! Revision 4 of the script is on its way and I estimate that it will be cut down from 22 pages to around 20...that's great considering the last few revisions have added on pages. After revision 4 I plan on doing a couple of other small polishing attempts before...yes sir...I have a finalized script!

Once the script is finalized I'll get to work on my acting recording their lines.

In the meantime I've also begun working on the soundtrack for the film. I plan on doing an original composition that for the most part will be simplistic, but hopefully if done correctly, will feature key melodies designed just for certain characters or objects.

As far as voice actors go...I may need a couple. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

This is looking interesting, hope you finish it as I am now curious to see how this film will turn out. mini/yes

20 pages! Wow, that is a lot! mini/twitch