Topic: Help!!! [with story idea]

OK, I have this story idea where there are three people who are busking in a street: a Violin player, a Breakdancer, and One-Man-Band. They compete for people's attention until the One-Man-Band guy gets an idea. He Goes over and tells the other guys his idea. They end up doing a really good song together as a band, and get heaps of money.

Thing is, the idea sounds like a rip off of Pixar's One Man Band, and Paganomation's Playback. Any ideas on how to change it a little?

Last edited by Danimation (March 19, 2009 (12:02am))

Re: Help!!! [with story idea]

Hello?

Hello.

To actually help you... I'd have to say that the current idea you have is way too close to One Man Band, there's no doubt about that.  I'm having some trouble thinking of another idea that isn't too similar, though.... you may need to scrap this and find another idea.

-Dave

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/quakefilms/myspace/Brickfilms/whitewallssig.jpg

What if you make the three get angry at each other and drop their instruaments and fight. Then, they knock each other out and then the guy who was watching them picks up the instrauments and plays them while dancing, thus making money.

Just anidea.

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Maybe they compete against each other, getting louder gradually until there instruments explode.

I've got nothing.

Haha nice. I might try that...

Violin player, keyboard player and one man band. People passing by toss money to the violinist and keyboard guy, but one man band guy is making an awful din and gets no money. He thinks for a second,  has a lightbulb moment, and mugs violin player and keyboard player for their instruments. Cut to workshop/garage where OMB guy is lashing the violin and keyboard into his one man band gear. Stands back and looks at his new gear with a big smile. Cut to him playing on the subway or wherever and making an even worse noise than before, people running screaming away from him.

Where are you planning to get a minifig scale violin from?

I really like that idea. I will probably do that. Once I find a decent violin design.