Topic: Should I break sets to rebuild another?

Hello, so for my new film, I want to have a better set design for certain scenes, but I want to use pieces from sets I built like from architecture or Lego Movie sets. I'm deciding whether I should destroy them and build another sets. I do not have the instructions  for them anymore (I know, hate me) but it's just sitting in my shelf. So can you help me decide if I should do so or not?

"Low budgets force you to be more creative. Sometimes, with too much money, time and equipment, you can't over-think. My way, you can use your gut instinct" -Robert Rodriguez.

Re: Should I break sets to rebuild another?

Absolutely!  That's how you get good sets for brickfilms, you just takes stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets, you could build something exciting, something new, and that's what The LEGO Movie was all about doing.

But if you ever want to build them back again, all instructions for any set that has ever been made exist on the Internet.  So you can just look that up and build them back.

I echo Squid: Absolutely!

Building instructions can be found from LEGO here ( http://service.lego.com/en-us/buildinginstructions ), so if you ever want to build them back, it's easy. I take apart most of my sets. Only a few of my sets I have not combined into my collection of LEGO bricks: the ones that are nostalgic, and the expensive ones. If you want to make a set for a brickfilm, go for it. LEGO is all about re-building things, it's not like you could never get it back together after you take it apart.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Squid wrote:

...just takes stuff apart.  Be heartless, do not develop feelings for these sets

Make this your motto

I just took apart three sets yesterday. GO FOR IT!

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

Did you learn nothing from The LEGO Movie?! mini/tongue The whole point of LEGO is to take things apart and build new ones. I've made a rule that brickfilming takes priority for all my LEGO. I love my LEGO Millennium Falcon, but if I need a piece from it for a set, I won't hesitate to cannibalize it. Recently I've been taking apart and sorting the pieces from my modular building sets.