Topic: Need an editing program

I have been using an editing program called VideoPad for some time now, and I am fed up with it... glitches and bugs, lost files, tons of lost work, difficulty contacting the company about my problems... the list goes on and on.

I'm finally going to have to break down and buy a decent editing program.

So I have two questions:
1. I know Dragonframe has a built-in editor. Is it a decent one, or will I eventually want to have a separate editor anyway if I buy Dragonframe?

2. What other professional editors would you guys recommend for Windows 7?

Thanks!

Re: Need an editing program

A professional editor for Windows 7 would be the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Have you tried looking through the Updated Free Software List?

As far as I'm aware Dragonframe does not have a built in editor, you can load in one audio file for voice sync purposes and you can't put multiple shots back to back.

Yep, Adobe Premiere CC is probably the one to go for. Cheap for a single license.

Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum. It's not too expensive, and it is totally worth the money you spend. It is the cheaper version of Sony Vegas, which costs a lot more money. If you get Sony Movie Studio, get the Platinum version 12. Version 13 is just an interface change that makes everything so huge it's hard to edit on unless you're using a tablet.

The problem with getting any Adobe creative cloud product, is that it's a subscription. It may look cheap to start with, but you'll have to keep paying. And after a couple months of paying for it, you could have already had enough money to buy Sony Movie Studio!

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

And after a couple months of paying for it, you could have already had enough money to buy Sony Movie Studio!

While this might be true, creative cloud gives you a lot more programs (every adobe product made) which is far superior to just one program. I own Vegas movie studios 12 as well, and it just can't compete with the adobe products.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

Thanks, everyone! I'll look into Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum. I have this thing about paying for things I can't keep indefinitely. mini/tongue

Top Hat wrote:

Thanks, everyone! I'll look into Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum. I have this thing about paying for things I can't keep indefinitely. mini/tongue

Yea, I do too, that's why I suggested it. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite

He said professional, so the two major ones are final cut and premiere, and he's on windows, so yeah. Vegas works, good luck!

Top Hat wrote:

If I were you I'd go for the CS6 Adobe Production Suite. It includes the last versions of Adobes software, which are not implemented in the CC and it's way of handling licenses. If possible buy the student version, that's what I made before finishing school, it safes you a lot of $. The package you get is unbeatable, dynamic link allows you to have a very efficent workflow.
It's not the class of software that the film industry uses, but it for sure can compete with it. Also buying pro software like Nuke would be way to expensive for a single person with an average income mini/bigsmile

@Speck Studio: Unfortunately, you can no longer purchase Adobe CS6 with a student discount. You can only get it used from eBay or Amazon, and that doesn't come cheap. (I know, I have looked many times mini/sad )

It's according to what your budget is. If you have a high budget, go for CS6, with a lower budget, I still recommend Sony Movie Studio. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite

I'd get Dragonframe for frame capturing. Although I would agree Sony Vegus and Adobe Premeire Pro are the best video editors.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

@rioforce I should've looked up Sony Movie Studio earlier, the price really is way lower than premieres mini/bigsmile

@Harborlight Productions pls don't forget AVID, I noticed some people in the business can get a bit touchy if you disregard it or even put premiere over it mini/tongue mini/bigsmile

I bought Corel Pinnacle for <$100 because the Sony DRM refused my trial version of Movie Studio.  Shame, as I was keen on the Sony version.

I'm liking Pinnacle.  Pretty easy learning curve.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

togfox wrote:

because the Sony DRM refused my trial version of Movie Studio.  Shame, as I was keen on the Sony version.

What do you mean by this? If if won't register your copy of Movie Studio, you should call the support number. My copy of Movie Studio ran out of numbers of time to register, so I called, and it works again.

YouTubeWebsite

I'll consider the rest of these, too. Thanks, everyone! This is very helpful.

Harborlight Productions wrote:

I'd get Dragonframe for frame capturing.

I'm just looking for an editing program right now. I asked about Dragonframe because I was under the impression it had a built-in editor. If it was a good one, I figured I could buy that and the main function of the program would be like a bonus! mini/lol

Top Hat wrote:

I'll consider the rest of these, too. Thanks, everyone! This is very helpful.

Harborlight Productions wrote:

I'd get Dragonframe for frame capturing.

I'm just looking for an editing program right now. I asked about Dragonframe because I was under the impression it had a built-in editor. If it was a good one, I figured I could buy that and the main function of the program would be like a bonus! mini/lol

Yep. But I would still recommend getting Dragonframe in the future. mini/yes

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Pinnacle was one of my favorties as well.  I didn't know Corel now owns it.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

rioforce wrote:

Sony Movie Studio 12 Platinum. It's not too expensive, and it is totally worth the money you spend. It is the cheaper version of Sony Vegas, which costs a lot more money. If you get Sony Movie Studio, get the Platinum version 12. Version 13 is just an interface change that makes everything so huge it's hard to edit on unless you're using a tablet.

The problem with getting any Adobe creative cloud product, is that it's a subscription. It may look cheap to start with, but you'll have to keep paying. And after a couple months of paying for it, you could have already had enough money to buy Sony Movie Studio!

I have both Sony movie studio and Vegas, the only difference is that movie studio is more for beginners in movie making, Vegas is more of a professional version of it.

I also have dragonframe, but never use it much

Last edited by The Motion Hero (January 19, 2015 (11:54pm))

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test