Re: THAC XII - Starts NOW!

Sméagol wrote:

My feeling is that people who are on a similar level to each other are the most logical people to be giving feedback at the lower, beginner quality levels. That way they can build each other up. But that probably presumes a maturity those people are not likely to have, either

Yes, but can they give the required feedback - so to speak - to help the person improve.  Maybe they (or rather we, seeing as how I'm probably one of "them") can give tips and criticism but to what extent. 
As you say, it requires a certain maturity, to give helpful suggestions and criticism but couldn't, shouldn't this also be provided by experienced Brickfilmers?

On a more thread-related note, I am surprised at the speed of the judging process.  Well Done! To all judges and the organiser/s, it certainly has been a smooth process so far.  mini/smile

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

Why is everyone lackluster on getting feedback the rest of the year, but suddenly when THAC rolls around everyone is expecting it?

Contests aren't designed or intended to give feedback. They're designed to celebrate the best entries. Also, it seems strange to expect feedback on a bunch of films that were produced during the most limiting of circumstances. When I want detailed feedback on what I can improve, I want to be judged on my work that is produced in the best of environments. THAC films are rushed to be made in 24 hours.

The best everyone can do is to try to given other entrants constructive feedback. If you want feedback, give feedback. The judges are free to comment on film as soon as the results are released.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Why is everyone lackluster on getting feedback the rest of the year, but suddenly when THAC rolls around everyone is expecting it?

Contests aren't designed or intended to give feedback. They're designed to celebrate the best entries. Also, it seems strange to expect feedback on a bunch of films that were produced during the most limiting of circumstances. When I want detailed feedback on what I can improve, I want to be judged on my work that is produced in the best of environments. THAC films are rushed to be made in 24 hours.

The best everyone can do is to try to given other entrants constructive feedback. If you want feedback, give feedback. The judges are free to comment on film as soon as the results are released.

There is nothing wrong with wanting feedback, despite it even being a THAC film.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

I'm starting to get more ideas for interpretations of the theme…

I have not seen a THAC entry that focused on a new school year. Instead they're all about new lives, new careers, new relationships and such.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Oh sorry about that.  If you're writing with regards to my post, I did mean for the rest of the year.  I should have made that clear, seeing how Sméagol was referring to feedback on entries and/or didn't actually mention feedback in general.  I might have misunderstood his message...

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

tenny1028 wrote:

I have not seen a THAC entry that focused on a new school year. Instead they're all about new lives, new careers, new relationships and such.

No one did any on coffee either!

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight Productions wrote:
Nathan Wells wrote:

There is nothing wrong with wanting feedback, despite it even being a THAC film.

Nathan Wells wrote:

All entries still get posted to the forum. Seek out feedback there.

I think this feedback discussion has just about run its course. All questions have been clearly and fairly answered by the staff. There's an entire releases forum full of THAC films waiting for the general community response.

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Harborlight Productions wrote:
tenny1028 wrote:

No one did any on coffee either!

Or one about their computer being slow so they had to restart their computer.

Is this record time for already having the judging done? That was really quick. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Wow, I wasn't expecting it to come until a few weeks from now. I sure hope I can make it in chat on the 10th, if it's not too late for me, because if it's Saturday night for people in Pacific Time, then it's really Saturday night for me here in the east. mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Walter Benson wrote:

Is this record time for already having the judging done? That was really quick. mini/smile

This what you have from top 10 instead of top 80. mini/lol

Judgings already done? Wow, that was quick!

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

(applauds judges for their efficiency)

The THAC XII Awards Chat time has been announced!

http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … -saturday/