Topic: Open to the public.

We closed this forum to the public a few years ago because it had come to account for something like 70% of all posts and traffic on the site, including a sizeable community of people with no interest in filmmaking who started a lot of fights and other messes. We've decided it's a good idea to bring back this forum, which serve the purpose of being a place for discussion amongst community members that doesn't connect directly to filmmaking.

In order to keep this forum enjoyable and worthwhile, please look over the new guidelines and do your best to abide by them.

Happy new year!

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Re: Open to the public.

Well, this is new. Hopefully this is for the better.

Happy new year!

Wow. It's an honor to be here. I want you guys to know that I am planning on maintaining the utmost maturity whilst in this forum.

Last edited by Mickey (December 31, 2014 (11:08pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Well, this is certainly a surprise. Hopefully this will help increase the sense of community that has faded a bit from the site recently. (That could, of course just be me, I don't know.)

Whow! Thanks for inviting me to this subforum! I feel so spec- oh... okay then... mini/sad

signature

cool! here I was thinking in my head "they let me in???" i was so confused at first. i too hope this will not have to be closed any time soon.

Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Channel | Tumblr | My Weekly Film Podcast!
"For I am NOT ashamed of the Gospel of Christ" - Romans 1:16

This looks great.  It'll e good to have a place to discuss general stuff, as the "General Film Discussion" might not be suitable for everything.

Spoiler (click to read)

I feel a slight feeling of disappointment that I was never considered to be mature enough to be allowed into the Community forum whilst it was still secret.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I feel a slight feeling of disappointment that I was never considered to be mature enough to be allowed into the Community forum whilst it was still secret.

I would have invited you had I realized.  There was a topic where we could suggest additions and the people up top would usually let them in.  The trouble was that I wasn't always sure if someone was or wasn't in or not, and there wasn't ever really any way for me to check.  I tried suggesting a bunch of people, but I always knew I was missing several people who should probably be in but weren't in.  And of course, it was discouraged for people to ask to be let in.

Of course, that's all over now so it doesn't really matter now.  I hope nobody feels like they were considered immature or anything.  There were plenty of people who are completely mature who were missed.  It's good to have everyone here!

Squid wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I would have invited you had I realized.  TThe trouble was that I wasn't always sure if someone was or wasn't in or not, and there wasn't ever really any way for me to check.

When the community forum was closed, you were able to go to the user list and reduce the list to members who were invited. The option is no longer available now that the forum is public, but I believe the group was called "Members*".

Last edited by Fun Sucker (January 1, 2015 (11:35am))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:
Squid wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I would have invited you had I realized.  TThe trouble was that I wasn't always sure if someone was or wasn't in or not, and there wasn't ever really any way for me to check.

When the community forum was closed, you were able to go to the user list and reduce the list to people who were invited. The option is no longer available now that it is public, but I believe the group was "Members*".

Yep, it was marked as "Members*".

Gabatay!
Sorry, guys.  I never knew.

When I saw this thought for a second I had some how been wanted after only 2 months on here. mini/lol

I'm....................................... A brickfilming noob.

We never really had a very good process for deciding who to admit to the community forum. I don't read the forums enough so I relied on recommendations but it was kinda hard to think of people off the top of your head.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Oh no. Now I have to lose my super secret club street cred.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

Well, no time to do this than on New Years' Day.  To those who celebrate it, happy new year, and looking fwd to your posts!

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Squid wrote:
Mr Vertigo wrote:
Spoiler (click to read)

I would have invited you had I realized.  I tried suggesting a bunch of people, but I always knew I was missing several people who should probably be in but weren't in.  And of course, it was discouraged for people to ask to be let in.

I base my entire sense of value as a human being on the number of super secret internet forums I am allowed access to.  You have failed me, Squid.

(srsly)

Jokes aside, I don't really mind.  From what I hear the secret Community forum wasn't especially active anyway.  It's good to see it open to everyone, hopefully with it open to everyone it'll be a fun place to hang out.

jstudios wrote:

Oh no. Now I have to lose my super secret club street cred.

I now have this image in my head as the secret Community forum being a speakeasy with a hidden door concealed in a phone booth where only the 'cool' brickfilmers were let in and they had to show their credentials and do a secret handshake to get in.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Now my mommy is the only one who tells me I'm special. mini/sad

Chris W. wrote:

Lucky...

Chris W. wrote:

I think you're special.
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!