Topic: The NEW Brickfilmer's Guild

The Brickfilmer's Guild has changed format and design.  We will no longer be supporting the old ELGG based website with user accounts and customizable profiles.  All current members with valid YouTube or Vimeo accounts have been added to the BFG Members list.  About 200 invalid members were removed.  All members have links to their Youtube or Vimeo account.  The list has around 700 members plus a few honorary members.  The BFG still has a great list of brickfilming related links, Brickfilms of the Month, and the Brickfilming News and Events blog.  We also have some new items such as a brickfilming video tutorials page with great brickfilming tutorials from YouTube, an Upcoming Brickfilming Events section on the home page, and more. 

The New BFG is a lot easier to use and navigate and makes a great resource for brickfilmers around the globe.

Please check out the NEW Brickfilmer's Guild at: brickfilmersguild.com.

Don't forget to put your best 2014 brickfilm in the 2014 BFG Film Festival.  http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/brickf … m-festival

Re: The NEW Brickfilmer's Guild

The new redesign looks interesting, is the main draw of the website going to be it's blog then? Also one small thing: could the colour of hyperlinks be changed so that they stand out amongst in the page.

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

BoatsAreRockable wrote:

The new redesign looks interesting, is the main draw of the website going to be it's blog then? Also one small thing: could the colour of hyperlinks be changed so that they stand out amongst in the page.

I tweaked the hyperlink color a little bit.  mini/smile

The main draw will probably be the brickfilming news and events blog.  I've been writing brickfilming news and events blogs for the last 3 years on the old site and was able to move most of those blogs to the new site.  The links sections can be a useful resourse for any brickfilmer.  The simplified membership list with YouTube/Vimeo links can be helpful for finding your favorite brickfilmers videos.  In the future, we might add a sound effects download section and a store.

Also, if anyone is interested in becoming a contributor for the BFG, please let me know.  I am looking for a few people to help write short blogs for the Brickfilming News and Events section.  I would also like assistance with choosing the Brickfilms of the Month.  mini/smile

Looks nice! Much more user friendly than the old version. mini/smile

thefourmonkeys wrote:

Also, if anyone is interested in becoming a contributor for the BFG, please let me know.  I am looking for a few people to help write short blogs for the Brickfilming News and Events section.  I would also like assistance with choosing the Brickfilms of the Month.  mini/smile

I may be able to help. I write for another blog (LEGO Universe News). How often do you think a blog post would need to be created? Once a week, maybe? If it's more than that, I won't be able to help, because I have things like school to do. mini/wink

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I'll contribute as well.  On my banner is a link to my review blog

Rioforce and Funmiproductions,
Thanks! As far as contributing, I would just like to get a few people to send me short brickfilming news and/or events info so I can post it on the BFG.  There are no deadlines or quotas.  I am just looking for info whenever you can send it.  You could do as little as sending me a link to the info or writing a short blog that I will post.  I also write for another blog, the Set Bump.  I try to save my editorializing efforts for Set Bump, and the simple "news and events" for the BFG.  mini/smile

So, what's the deal with the three star system in the member list?
How does that work?

Edit...
(rioforce...What I wanted to know was what is involved when it comes to the rating system.
What/why exactly is the value what it is in the 0-3 star system?)

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

@DewFilms There is a guide on that below the list. I'll repeat it here:

APPRENTICE (no stars)
CRAFTSMAN *
JOURNEYMAN **
MASTER ***

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Voting has now begun for the 2014 BFG Brickfilmer of the Year Award.  Only BFG members votes will be counted. 

Vote at: http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/2014-b … allot.html

For info about the nominees, check out: http://www.brickfilmersguild.com/brickf … f-the-year

You can also vote "other" and fill in your own choice as long as your pick is a BFG member.