Topic: CPU Broken

Ugh, sigh.  Well, as you can tell by this title I've suffered a casualty and a major setback; my computer will not turn on.  Its about seven years old now, and i've always used it for brick filming.  I've got my Sony Vegas on there, and everything else.  Despite this, I do have a MacBook Pro that I use for other stuff.  I have always wanted to transition my work to my MacBook as many professionals prefer Mac.  However, I don't really have the money to spend on expensive animation and editing softwares.  Christmas is close, but I want to make films prior to the big holiday.  So, what I am asking is what is the best combination on Mac for softwares for free or up to about $50.  Btw, I have a logitech c920 and I already know I will have to spend $8 on webcam settings.  Thanks!

Re: CPU Broken

a good mac software for stop motion capture is iStopMotion 3 its $50

What i would recommend for putting film pieces together on Mac is Final Cut Pro X, it is great for keying, has an assortment of sounds, music, and titles.

I HAVE RETURNED!!!
Youtube
PunBB bbcode test

iMovie works fine for editing. Its not as good as Final Cut Pro but it works.

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Not sure if you have already purchased anything, but you might want to check out the BiM free software list in this thread. It has a variety of software, FREE software I might add, for Mac users.

Nathan Mellace wrote:

Not sure if you have already purchased anything, but you might want to check out the BiM free software list in this thread. It has a variety of software, FREE software I might add, for Mac users.

That list of free software isn't very helpful for Mac users. The list hasn't been updated since Apple started updating Mac OS X annually, and all the software either doesn't work for newer Macs or does but is very glitchy.

Chalksters55, since you're willing to spend $50 I do suggest Boinx iStopMotion 3. Link to iTunes Store. This program runs really slow even on a Mac with decent CPU and 8gb of RAM and some features are buggy, but the amount of other features included makes up for it and is probably the only option that's ≤$50, especially if you use a DSLR.