Topic: Two things about the Film Directory

Hi there,

I have a question, and a suggestion concerning the film directory that I'd like to make known. Here they are:

First, the question. Is it possible to delete films from the directory? I want to delete the "88mph" film from the directory because I've already un-listed it on YouTube (I'm not too proud of it, and would like it to be un-seen), but I cannot find any delete button anywhere. Only an edit button.

Second, the suggestion. Is it possible to show content warnings (you know, the thing that tells the amount of language, violence, etc) on forum posts as well as in the directory? Some people don't submit their films to the directory, and if/when the directory is down, nobody can see the content warnings. I don' mean editing every old post on the forum, but maybe add it for newly submitted films?

Well, thanks for reading. mini/smile

-rioforce

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Two things about the Film Directory

Yes to both.  mini/smile

If you edit your "directory" (manage films from the film page) you have the option to delete.  If you check my filmology youll see i deleted my first glitched submission.  I cant remove the deleted entry but.

Second, when you submit a film you can set violence and language advisory warnings from mild to off the planet (i dont think it says that, but it should:)  ). The wizard guides you through this.  No tricks needed.  Its always been there, you just didnt motice it.  mini/smile

All this is assuming its not glitched.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

Technically, that's not deleting it from the directory. That's just changing the content to be nothing.

Second, I'm not referring to the advisory warnings on the directory, I was wondering if they could be added to the forum posts. I know about them in the directory, but they don't exist in the forum. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

We've discussed deleting old films from the directory a lot in the past. As far as I remember, Smeagol said he thought it was a bad idea, as seeing a filmmaker grow can be interesting and so forth (it was a little deeper than that, but it's late where I am and I meant to go to bed 3 hours ago). Other people, like Max Butcher, were in favour of deleting old films. However, I think final say resides with the mods and admis. My advice is ask Smeagol if your film can be deleted, and if he says yes then ask one of the mods to actually delete it. I would go ahead and delete whichever film it is for you right away, but I can't 100% remember our policy on it. I think this is something we need to properly quantify, in the rules of the Releases forum.

So yeah, ask Smeagol and if it's okay with him, ask me to delete your film and I will to the best of my ability.

As for content warnings in forum posts, it's something we can work on but I haven't heard any plans to add them so far. However, it's a stonkingly good idea, especially since a lot of people view films here from their forum thread rather than directory entry. Mention it to Smeagol when you message him about the film you want deleted, and if he feels it's a good idea (which I'm sure he will) then he'll likely pass it on to the guy who does the formatting for the forums.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Can someone delete my deleted entry then?  I asked months ago at the time but no luck.  It's easy to find - it's the one that says "deleted".  mini/sunnies

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection