Topic: Playing and Editing Dragonframe files from my mac on my windows

I recently changed from my old windows laptop to a macbook. I also now have Dragonframe but no editing software on my mac so I'm trying to take my quicktimes created on my mac to my windows to edit on sony vegas. Unfortunately, the files just appear as blank white tiles on my windows and cannot be played. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks mini/smile

Re: Playing and Editing Dragonframe files from my mac on my windows

By "files quicktime created" do you mean .MOV files? Sony Vegas hates .MOV files. Especially H.264 files. I have had that same issue before. You'll have to convert them probably. mp4 files are better for Sony Vegas. What version of Vegas do you have? Is it Movie Studio or the real Vegas? If you have a more recent version, it may have an image sequencing function so you can just load the raw frames into Vegas instead of converting them to video files first.

To do that, go to the import file window, hover your mouse over the first frame so it's selected, then at the bottom, there's an Image Sequencing check box. Check the box and enter the number of the last frame in the text box. Make sure that your frames are named in a sequence (like 001, 002, 003, 004, etc.) or Vegas won't sequence them.

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I have sony vegas pro 12 and yeah they were mov. files but it wasn't even just that they wouldn't show up in vegas they wouldn't show at all mini/tongue Anyway, I tried the image sequence thing and it worked! I will use that method from now on so thank you very much! mini/smile

You can also change the file type with cloud convert.

MrMingleProductions wrote:

I have sony vegas pro 12 and yeah they were mov. files but it wasn't even just that they wouldn't show up in vegas they wouldn't show at all mini/tongue Anyway, I tried the image sequence thing and it worked! I will use that method from now on so thank you very much! mini/smile

I'm glad I could help. When I upgraded from Sony Movie Studio 9 to 12, I discovered the image sequencing feature and it has been wonderful. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b