Topic: Basic Bricks From Bricklink

I really want to get decent amounts of basic parts in the future and was wondering how I should go about this?
-How do I find the best price for my needed quantity?
-one store or multiple stores for different parts?
-best way to confirm condition (just ask for a picture/description or something else)?

Thanks for any answers and/or suggestions. mini/smile

Re: Basic Bricks From Bricklink

For the first question, you need to go to Advanced Search (right below the search box) and enter all the things it needs to know (like this http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/riofo … cklink.jpg ). Then, you search and it comes up and you visit the seller's store.

For the second question, it's hard to tell. If they have all the bricks you need, and it's only a few cents difference from the other store, use the one store so you don't have to pay another shipping charge. Minimum shipping is about 2 dollars, so the fewer stores you use the better.

I've never bought bricks from Bricklink like you are, I went to the LEGO store to get my last batch of basic bricks. So I can't help you much on the third question. You can ask them if the bricks are cracked, beat up, faded, or if they came from a smoke/pet free home. They can tell you, and all you can do it hope they they are telling the truth. Also, visit the buyer's Splash page to see if they charge extra handling fees, and see if they mention the condition of the bricks.

For basic bricks, I'm not so sure Bricklink is the way to go. Bricks can often look cheap on Bricklink, but when you get mass quantities of bricks, the price is raised. For example, on that search I showed a picture of earlier, the cheapest seller was selling black 2x4s at 13cents each. For 100 of them, you have to pay 13 dollars. However, if you go to the LEGO Shop website, they are selling 650 bricks for 30 dollars. That is .$0.046 cents per brick. A much more reasonable price. And if you have a LEGO Store nearby, you can use a Pick-A-Brick packing technique (like the one I used when I went to the LEGO Store), you can get bricks for about the same price. I paid 35 dollars for 629 bricks (not counting a half a bucket of transparent studs).

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

For basic bricks, I'm not so sure Bricklink is the way to go. Bricks can often look cheap on Bricklink, but when you get mass quantities of bricks, the price is raised. For example, on that search I showed a picture of earlier, the cheapest seller was selling black 2x4s at 13cents each. For 100 of them, you have to pay 13 dollars. However, if you go to the LEGO Shop website, they are selling 650 bricks for 30 dollars. That is .$0.046 cents per brick. A much more reasonable price. And if you have a LEGO Store nearby, you can use a Pick-A-Brick packing technique (like the one I used when I went to the LEGO Store), you can get bricks for about the same price. I paid 35 dollars for 629 bricks (not counting a half a bucket of transparent studs).

Buckets don't have just the colors I need. I have done PAB effectivally but I am not close to a LEGO store and their selection varies.
The best way to get bulk is ;ug bulk, but that's once a year and it takes months to arrive.

END films wrote:

Buckets don't have just the colors I need. I have done PAB effectivally but I am not close to a LEGO store and their selection varies.
The best way to get bulk is ;ug bulk, but that's once a year and it takes months to arrive.

I called a LEGO store once to ask, and they said they change the PAB wall once per quarter (every three months). Maybe you could make it there once a quarter?

Top Hat wrote:
END films wrote:

I called a LEGO store once to ask, and they said they change the PAB wall once per quarter (every three months). Maybe you could make it there once a quarter?

That doesn't mean they will have the parts I want. Also it is far enough away we only go when it's on route to a longer trip.

If you know the exact quanity/color/size you need, I suggest a detailed post on the Bricklink forum asking for it. It's not a guarantee you'll get what you want for the price you want, but it has worked for me and others in the past.

The best way to find it on your own is to set up a wanted list with the appropriate filters (location, quantity, and quality) for each part. Then use that list to see which shops have the best price and the most items to try and minimize the number of times you have to order. You must check the shipping information for each shop though, make sure they aren't tacking on extra fees.

As for quality of parts, it will state new/used. Go with a seller that has good feedback and you won't have to worry. Order new if you are extremely concerned about quality, but again check feedback before ordering.

You can also call LEGO directly and ask about buying what you need. They will only sell a max of 200 of any one part though. Shipping is flat $2.95 to the usa. Sometimes the prices are lower than Bricklink though that isn't the standard.

If you need help with these bricklink features let me know.