Topic: What now?: The soap-opera of Brickelodeon

Hello wonderful populous of BiM! As you know, I recently finished a film that I made before resuming my current project, Super Duck 2. Well, now that there is nothing distracting me from SD2 anymore, a question has popped into my mind. Should I resume Super Duck, a 640 X 480 film, with my new HD camera? Or should I continue to film at 640 X 480? Or should I just restart the entire film in HD? Or should I just forget Super Duck, and concentrate on other projects? This is a big decision, and I'm honestly not sure what I want to do. I probably wont Restart it completely unless I get a tone of people asking for that. So if I do continue with it, it will either be at a crap resolution or have part of it in HD and part of it in crap res. Thanks for your help citizens!

Last edited by Brickelodeon (September 14, 2014 (02:07pm))

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: What now?: The soap-opera of Brickelodeon

It'd look better if you'd shoot it in the same size for the entire film.

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

It'd look better if you'd shoot it in the same size for the entire film.

This. Consistency is something viewers take for granted, but they'll notice inconsistency.

Also, if you still want to do Super Duck, then do Super Duck, but only if you genuinely want to. Don't tie yourself to a project you once wanted to do unless you still want to do it, if that makes any sense.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I second what jampot said.

I second what all three said.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

I second what everyone else said. mini/tongue

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

I know I am just preaching to the choir at this point, but when I started my Neptune series, I was using this ancient mini DV camera that filmed in 320x240 (later converted to 720x540) even though I got a newer DSLR shortly after I started the series, I stuck with the MiniDV until the project was over to keep consistency. So I would suggest to continue filming at 640x480 and don't abandon Duper Duck 2 I'm excited for the sequel.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

don't abandon Duper Duck 2 I'm excited for the sequel.

While I have not abandoned it, I am discontinuing production of it. I destroyed sever of the sets to make my BRAWL film, and I just don't feel like starting over on that aspect. However, I am keeping all of the files, and I may finish it one of these days.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also !!!

After working on a short film for a few weeks, and playing a lot of TagPro because I wan't that interested in animating, I have decided that short films are not my style. I will resume production of Super Duck 2, in 640 X 480 P, as soon as I finish what I'm doing now.

Brickelodeon wrote:

DOUBLE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also !!!

After working on a short film for a few weeks, and playing a lot of TagPro because I wan't that interested in animating, I have decided that short films are not my style. I will resume production of Super Duck 2, in 640 X 480 P, as soon as I finish what I'm doing now.

Yeah, your longer films have been great. mini/smile