Re: The Brickfilm Archival Project

This is fantastic! Thanks so much Penta, END Films, and SlothPaladin! Thanks to you guys three presumed-lost films (Bill Carney's Body, The Gift from the Future, and Narrow Escape) have been preserved, as well as the complete version of Fallen Part 1 (the copy I had cuts off halfway through for some reason).

Nathan Wells wrote:

This is fantastic! Thanks so much Penta, END Films, and SlothPaladin! Thanks to you guys three presumed-lost films (Bill Carney's Body, The Gift from the Future, and Narrow Escape) have been preserved, as well as the complete version of Fallen Part 1 (the copy I had cuts off halfway through for some reason).

I think due to most of the working downloads being found I think now it will be mostly still active brickfilmers from brickfilms.com checking old computers and trying to contact former brickfilmers who are still active on non-brickfilm social media.
Also didn't BertL try to archive the old directory? http://brickfilms.com/topic/archiving-t … your-help/
Found another Night Owl film- https://archive.org/details/gandalfinmoria

You are great at looking for old stuff, END. The thread you posted there has some working links and this one might come in handy. It's the filmography of RevMen with some co-productions in there, too.

sillypenta wrote:

You are great at looking for old stuff, END. The thread you posted there has some working links and this one might come in handy. It's the filmography of RevMen with some co-productions in there, too.

Most of revman's films already had working downloads on archive.org's wayback machine.
Does anyone know what hostbrickmovies.com was?

Good news, everyone!

I'm pleased to announce END Films has volunteered to become another Archivist. This means, among other things, he will begin keeping a copy of the entire archive on an external hard drive. You can never be too careful with back-ups! It will take a few days to upload and transfer all of the films, but once the process is complete we will have another safe copy of the archive stored elsewhere.

Also, great links End and Penta. I've already got Great Microbiologists, but I hadn't grabbed the Diplomacy films yet. Also there appears to be a few films in there I don't recognize. I'll download them all to be safe.

Hostbrickmovies.com was an old site started primarily for hosting brickfilms. It was created by LegosJedi.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Littlebrick wrote:

Hostbrickmovies.com was an old site started primarily for hosting brickfilms. It was created by LegosJedi.

What happened to it? (the domain still exists but with nothing on it)

That I don't know. I imagine it just "died." Things have a tendency to do that.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra

Littlebrick wrote:

That I don't know. I imagine it just "died." Things have a tendency to do that.

That seems to be the case with many websites that hosted brickfilms.
About something completely unrelated, the link in your signature doesn't work for me.

END films wrote:

About something completely unrelated, the link in your signature doesn't work for me.

That's because it's a link that leads to the Community Forum. It's OK, I can't see it either.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Now that I am not quickly finding lost films I have gone on to make the ones that are in the archive but "unavailable" "available" by finding them on YouTube or other places. mini/smile

Is there a list of the films archived so far and URL(s)?

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Is there a list of the films archived so far and URL(s)?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

That's right.  Is it possible for the spreadsheet to be d/l ed and opened in a spreadsheet program?

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

That's right.  Is it possible for the spreadsheet to be d/l ed and opened in a spreadsheet program?

file-download as-(select file type)

I went through all the films on my computer, took out all the people who still seem to be actively brickfilming and all the films that have already been archived, and came up with this list. It's not in any particular order. I've also included the creator's YouTube channel if I was able to find one.

The Rich Man - Living Brick Productions
The Box - Custodial Pictures
Storyline Buildup - BertL
Onorno - BertL
X-Mas Golem 2005 - Brickbrock
A Quiet Evening - Brickbrock
A Frosty Welcome - Brickbrock
At The Studio - Hali
Star Wars Trailer - Hali
Doorway SE - Hali
Juggler SE - Hali
Rapunzel 2020 - Hali
Terri & Ross Hunt for Nanna - Hali
Voodoo Pants - Hali
Nascar - Jay
Parachute - Jay
Pirate - Jay
Rickshaw - Jay
Comprende, Compadre? - Jay
Halloween Special - Krick
Larry The Last Human - Krick
Fallen: Part 2 Trailer - Ladon
Can You Sing? - LGM
Cameos - Matt Gillan
Schlockstars Trailer - Dave Wardell
No News is Good News - Dave Wardell
Containment - Rolz
Fight Club: AledOwen29 - Rolz
Helloween - Rolz
The Evilness Begins - Rolz
Space Police Episodes 1-4 - Paganomation (for The LEGO Company)
The Adventures of Eddy and Jane Episodes 1-8 (Episodes 1-6 can be found here on YouTube)
The Brickfilmers Guide Podcast - Lord Of The LEGO and Chosen1 (not quite a brickfilm mini/tongue )
Lewa Q&A
Remake - Mirkosomos
Dino Crises: A Dancehall Classic - Acericardo
Curiosity Killed the Stoomtrooper - Shadow the Rebel
Thlipsephobia - PyrAnGe
Fairy Tale (Tong Hua) - Markenration
A Parody About A Door - LoganArts
Anne Frank in Bricks - Motfilms
Classic - Brickman
Eye of Aphrodite - Flash1015
Grumpy Monkey - Blunty
Hypertension - Logan
Parody^2: About a Door - Living Brick
The Acrobat’s Journey - Kristian (not completely sure if this is his channel)
Stranded - Felix Czepluch (not completely sure if this is his channel)
The Green Dragon - LGM
Why So Mad? - Logan

Last edited by Littlebrick (August 23, 2014 (03:33am))

At the moment, I'm in the middle of moving and don't have much free time. However, once things settle back down, I'd love to help out with this. Pulling the properties info from my old brickfilms folder is showing 822 files totaling 6.62 GB. Unfortunately, most of them are completely unsorted, so it'll take some time to go through.

I know that I have at least a few of the missing ones. A quick check confirms that I have copies of Christmas With Bluntmation, Blood of the Wolf, and Animation Class 2, for example.

~Never Knows Best~

WhiteDragon wrote:

At the moment, I'm in the middle of moving and don't have much free time. However, once things settle back down, I'd love to help out with this. Pulling the properties info from my old brickfilms folder is showing 822 files totaling 6.62 GB. Unfortunately, most of them are completely unsorted, so it'll take some time to go through.

I know that I have at least a few of the missing ones. A quick check confirms that I have copies of Christmas With Bluntmation, Blood of the Wolf, and Animation Class 2, for example.

Cool! mini/bigsmile
Glad you can help us with this project mini/smile .

A huge thank you to WhiteDragon for sending in a massive ZIP file containing hundreds of brickfilms! I haven't been able to go through it yet, thanks to the BiM Documentary Kickstarter, but I can't wait to dig through and find some missing brickfilms! Thanks again!

Wow. I remember back when you first made this Google doc, containing some of the more influential brickfilms in existence, but I didn't realise you had taken it a step further. It's fairly tempting to acquire an external harddrive for storing these films, if it's not too much to ask for a copy of them.

I don't make Brickfilms. I trade virtual hats.