Re: BRAWL 2014 Results!

FlyingMinifig wrote:

And I'm also curious to know how Benny 'n' Lee: Changing Room got such a high score for theme interpretation.

I completely agree; all I did was call their house a development and got more points for theme than Teleporter Trouble?!

I'm quite happy that a film I made while away on holiday got 12th. Congratulations to Galen, twick, and Nathan and I hope to be back for the next BRAWL! (and THAC before that)

Squid wrote:
Willco66 wrote:

25th, not bad. Congrats to Nathan, twickabrick and galen. Only thing I'm disappointed is that Loyalty didn't place higher.

Though I liked Sir-Glub's best, I thought that one would most likely win.

You thought Loyalty would win?  Or Blinders?

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Guys, please don't hate on the Website for getting 3rd place. It was a very good film. It had a unique take on the theme, its animation and effects were both extremely good, and its dialogue was well done. The only reason its so surprising is because it was from someone who isn't a regular, so it didn't get a lot of attention, and the quick camera movement might be slightly unsettling.

Squid wrote:

I don't see how The Website got so high up, though, I never expected that.  Glub's was way cooler.

Also, attacking the film that knocked your film out of the top 3 entries is generally considered bad form.

It's not that it's bad, it's just that it seems rather a bit rushed and quick compared to other films.  This isn't to knock Galen's skills as a brickfilmer, but I personally thought there were other films out there that deserved a higher ranking.  I also found the camera movement kinda excessive and distracting.

I don't think Squid was knocking The Website as such, I think I was more trying to say that Character Development should have gotten 3rd place in place of it.  Though he could have worded it better, I suppose.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Many great films this year! Sad I couldn't finish my entree. Kudo's to the judges for getting the results back pretty quick! I'm honestly really pleased with the results, especially the top 3 entree's!

I don't think Squid was knocking The Website as such, I think I was more trying to say that Character Development should have gotten 3rd place in place of it.  Though he could have worded it better, I suppose.

Yes, that's what I meant.  I never meant to sound as if I were attacking the film, however I do admit my wording could have been better, as it was obviously misinterpreted.  Though I can have some valid critiques as FM described rather well, and there were several films by other members which I thought excellent in many qualities a little more deserving, but I suppose we can't all be happy with the results.  But, I did think that film was a good go at BRAWL, dizzying as it was.
Character Development was really good, though.

Last edited by Squid (July 31, 2014 (09:07pm))

Wow! I placed a lot higher than I thought I would.

Sub-zero Shenanigans got ripped of IMO. It should have been a bit higher.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

why isn't my entry on the list?

Oh!  At first it said my film was second to last place, but now the list has been rectified to account for the fact that Timmy was disqualified and never judged, so I did actually get last place.

I just want to say thank you!  I wanted to lose BRAWL so much!  I've been dreaming of this moment for so long!  I'm so happy!  To me losing as hard as I could is my goal!
I want to thank the community, the academy, my family, all my supportive friends, and EVERYONE!  I love all of you.
The taste of defeat is sweet.

And congratulations to everyone for besting my film, especially to those who best it twice, but especially to Twickabrick who was the best to best me, the best bester that bested the other besters at besting me (in my opinion).

This BRAWL has been amazing.

What's up with that salt, Squid? Stop being such a tool.

Congratulations to everyone. Hope it was fulfilling somehow.

36th mini/twitch
Ah well, http://youtu.be/Cs158HVeB0g?t=2m25s
Congrats to the winners.  But at least I knew not to expect much due to my weak story.

EDIT: And Congrats to Squid for your entry getting last place.

Last edited by StefanMuscat (July 31, 2014 (10:17pm))

Have a nice day! mini/smile

YouTube

It's so good to be among the top 10! mini/bigsmile And I'm also super glad for Twickabrick, his Teleporter Trouble was one of my favorite BRAWL entries.

https://i.imgur.com/0X6EoJh.jpg
YouTube Channel : All My Links ↑Click for newest animation!↑

I was really rooting for Pushover, sadly he wasn't placed higher.

Oh well, congrats to everyone who entered and congrats to the winners mini/bigsmile

So happy with 6th place, it was a wonderful contest to enter and I thoroughly enjoyed making my film. Congrats to the winners and to everyone else - happy to see Twickabrick's fabulous entry finished so highly, it was certainly to my mind the best.

Also many thanks to Fun Sucker for doing a great organizational job, I mean these are some of the quickest results we've had. Also to the other judges for their hard work. Until next year!

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

This was a very well managed and judged contest.  Everyone should praise Fun Sucker for the great job hosting and Squash and Hazzat for the excellent job judging.  The top 5 were solid picks! mini/smile

Squid wrote:

Oh!  At first it said my film was second to last place, but now the list has been rectified to account for the fact that Timmy was disqualified and never judged, so I did actually get last place.

I just want to say thank you!  I wanted to lose BRAWL so much!  I've been dreaming of this moment for so long!  I'm so happy!  To me losing as hard as I could is my goal!
I want to thank the community, the academy, my family, all my supportive friends, and EVERYONE!  I love all of you.
The taste of defeat is sweet.

And congratulations to everyone for besting my film, especially to those who best it twice, but especially to Twickabrick who was the best to best me, the best bester that bested the other besters at besting me (in my opinion).

This BRAWL has been amazing.

Are you going to try to get last next year also?  It would be awesome if you lost two times in a row!

https://bricksafe.com/files/Wammy/Our%20Friend%20Pablo.jpg  Watch it on YouTube!

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
~ Psalm 23:6 ~

Wow! I really was not expecting that!

First, a huge thank you to Fun Sucker for putting together this BRAWL. You had to put up with a lot, and in the end everything went smoothly. Also huge thanks to Squash and Hazzat. I think that's the fastest I've ever seen judging happen for a brickfilm contest.

I quite enjoyed the following entries:
The Website
Teleporter Trouble
The Room
Character Development
By Night
Growth
The Separator

Congrats to all who entered. You're all winners to me. mini/smile

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

I can't say I'm thrilled with 19th, but at least I'm in the top 20, and looking at all the films ahead of me, they are all quality films which I enjoyed, and I did have to sort of force my film into shape with what I had, so I'm okay with it. Also, what I get from that is that over 20 great films came out of this contest, so in a way we all win mini/bigsmile . I think the judges did a good job, and Funsucker did a great job running the contest. Congratulations to the winners. mini/smile

I'm really happy with how the results turned out, we had a really amazing BRAWL this year.

14th is my best placing in BRAWL yet, I'm uber glad with how I did (especially in 3 days). mini/tongue

Congrats to everyone, especially the top 3 placers! mini/wink