Topic: John Small: Industries of Terror (In Production)

For the past two years, I have been in the process of making a film titled "John Small: Industries of Terror". I have run into a large amount of problems, such as failing equipment, money shortages, losing the entire film because of a hard drive failure(which is why I am now paranoid about backing stuff up. I have everything now saved on three different hard drives). The current problem is light effects trouble.
The film is currently in the animation stage, and I am on scene 3 of 11. It will be AT LEAST 55 minutes long, and this is with cutting down footage and scenes. I have already released a production teaser for the film, and that can be viewed here: John Small Industries of Terror Production Teaser

Basic overview: The film is an action/thriller following a man attempting to bring down a business corporation while on the run from the cops. (Obviously it's a bit more complex than that, but I wouldn't want to give any spoilers) mini/wink 

I am trying to gather as many people as I can to follow this film to the finish, as it would be crushing to release a huge film that took years to make, only to have a minimal amount of people see the film.

The purpose of this thread is to gather followers for the film, to provide you all with updates, and most of all, for you to give your ideas. If anybody has any sort of questions, comments, concerns, or even offers, please, by all means post it in this forum. I'm hoping to keep this alive until the film's release, and I hope to get you all excited for the film.  This is for everything about the film up to it's release date. Until then, I will be regularly updating this to show you of the film's progress.

Last edited by Edmeier Animator (June 28, 2014 (06:19pm))

YouTube Channel Edmeier Animation
Email: [email protected]

Re: John Small: Industries of Terror (In Production)

Looking good, good luck with the rest of the project!

http://www.cxpulp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=874&d=1279678499
The new KB Videos coming soon.

Thanks. I hope to have filming done by the end of the year, and post-production should take around 6 months.

The sets are a bit bland, but the animation is good, and the scale of the film is impressive; I'll be interested to see where this goes. mini/smile

Yeaa....I've always had this problem with building sets. I can get scale, but not detail. mini/rolleyes  I've been trying to work on that. Thanks for the feedback! mini/bigsmile

The film has now hit a serious roadblock, as I need to find someone to do a few light effects.

Where you able to get the blue laser pointers?

If worst comes to worst you can shoot the scene as if it is a night shot without the headlights added in and look for someone to do effects as you finishes the rest of the animation, and if you haven't found anyone after you've finished the shooting you might look into a free composting software, something like ZS4 Video Editing might be able to do it. If you can't do it with free software you could get a one month subscription to Adobe After Effects ($30 per month if you want to cancel at any time) and just do it in AE and call it good.

I have the capabilities do do the effects work you need but I just don't have the time, I have over 40 hours of my own visual effects I need to finish for my current project and I haven't even finished all the shots or started on the sound editing.

SlothPaladin wrote:

Where you able to get the blue laser pointers?

If worst comes to worst you can shoot the scene as if it is a night shot without the headlights added in and look for someone to do effects as you finishes the rest of the animation, and if you haven't found anyone after you've finished the shooting you might look into a free composting software, something like ZS4 Video Editing might be able to do it. If you can't do it with free software you could get a one month subscription to Adobe After Effects ($30 per month if you want to cancel at any time) and just do it in AE and call it good.

I have the capabilities do do the effects work you need but I just don't have the time, I have over 40 hours of my own visual effects I need to finish for my current project and I haven't even finished all the shots or started on the sound editing.

I was unable to find any blue laser pointers, as they are all those astronomy lasers...however, I did find someone who is willing to do the effects for me. Hopefully in the next few weeks, production of the film can continue as planned.

So this site didn't work out?

SlothPaladin wrote:

So this site didn't work out?

Nope, astronomy lasers.

Well, as both of the people I've been in contact with are unable to do the effects any time soon, I've resorted to my last option. Flashlights.

http://i.imgur.com/dvV0IXN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AP2T5C5.jpg

While this somewhat works, it is far from the effect I wanted. I am unable to have the flashing cop car lights or the spotlight in the distance. Plus, now the cars that are actually in the shot have their headlights turned off, which, again, I didn't want.
However, after almost 3 months of zero work completed, I finally resorted to this. I'll release some footage using this..."technique" in a bit, once I've filmed a bit more.

Wow, that set is awesome, and the flashlights look really cool! Good luck to you on this project. mini/wink

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Try these guys for flashing LEDs: http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

jahnocli wrote:

Try these guys for flashing LEDs: http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html

Hey, thanks for showing me that; I might actually buy some of those.

Here is a short preview of the night scene, all done with in-shot effects. YouTube