Re: BRAWL 2014 IS OVER!

Okay good. I was kind of afraid it wouldn't be considered a valid piece since it's not really  meant to be an object that you can attach to LEGO. It's more of a tool than a piece.

I'm out. I had something come up that I have to deal with and between that and a trip on Friday there is no way I can complete a film in time. Good luck everyone and I am still available to voice act if anybody needs it.

Ehh, i don't think i'm going to actually do anything either. All i did in the past few days was build one minifig and that's it. I'd rather focus on other brickfilming projects now. If anyone wants the story idea i thought up i'll post it here.

signature

Can I put the mod at the end of a camera movement? [I looked at the rules and it didn't seem real clear]

Thanks
OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

I think it said that the mod element has to be in every frame of your brickfilm.

I think that's for THAC only.  For BRAWL, I'm pretty sure it's OK as long as it's visible at some point in each shot.  But double-check with Fun Sucker, just to be sure.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

osomstudios wrote:

Can I put the mod at the end of a camera movement? [I looked at the rules and it didn't seem real clear]

Thanks
OsomStudios

The Rules wrote:

If you're confused as to how mod elements work, watch this video.

Skip to 0:57 for shot examples. You'll find your answer there.

tenny1028 wrote:

I think it said that the mod element has to be in every frame of your brickfilm.

The Rules wrote:

• At least one of the mod elements must clearly appear in every shot of your entry.

Last edited by Fun Sucker (July 21, 2014 (09:51am))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:
osomstudios wrote:

The Rules wrote:

If you're confused as to how mod elements work, watch this video.

Thanks
OsomStudios

Skip to 0:57 for shot examples. You'll find your answer there.

tenny1028 wrote:

The Rules wrote:

• At least one of the mod elements must clearly appear in every shot of your entry.

Ok thanks a ton will look at that.
OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Ah!!!!!! I am getting paranoid. I cannot find many voice actors. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. My BRAWL film may lose a lot of points.

Some Lego, Some Lego, my kingdom for some Lego.

Would my entry be allowed if it has somebody developing something. (Like a weapon) Not necessarily character development?

Last edited by Harborlight (July 21, 2014 (10:24am))

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Of course.  The theme can be interpreted in any way you wish.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Yeah, the whole point is to see how you interpret the theme, which means you can have anything develop any way you would like. mini/wink

CheesyBricks wrote:

The guys are giving away $75 worth of stuff, I think that easily justifies the rule. I for one am grateful for the generosity of the folks at Brickwarriors.  Would it really hurt to have something like this in your credits...?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8xjgmuOTpSk/U8u-N8AN9hI/AAAAAAAAAEg/WmWqLVfenrA/w958-h539-no/Untitled-1.jpg

Anyways, I'm looking forward to entering this. I have attempted BRAWL before, but never succeeded. Hopefully I'll make it this time!

Oh and it's good to see you Muzapoppa, hope you'll stick around to see the entries mini/smile

CheesyBricks, would you mind if I used that image in my film? (Assuming I finish on time)

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/thatsfinestudios
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thatsfinestudios

"Always, and I mean always, keep the instruction books!"

CheesyBricks, I'd also like to use that image in my video.

Fun Sucker, may I use card for the walls of some of my sets? I'm strapped for white bricks at the moment as they're almost used up for another set that I can't take apart until long after BRAWL. The white card will only be for the main sections of wall themselves, there will be plenty of brick elements used for edging, props and so on, I just need to fill the bulk of the far background. Is doing so okay?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

jampot wrote:

Fun Sucker, may I use card for the walls of some of my sets? I'm strapped for white bricks at the moment as they're almost used up for another set that I can't take apart until long after BRAWL. The white card will only be for the main sections of wall themselves, there will be plenty of brick elements used for edging, props and so on, I just need to fill the bulk of the far background. Is doing so okay?

That sounds fine.

Youtube   Twitter

Does this count toward the letter mod?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10568787_893263634021151_418694962265965248_n.jpg

I thought the made good Ks, and I specifically put them in because of that.
Though, just in case I stuck the colour mod in the shadows which is kinda hard to see, but I so have an extra crazy bright picture where one can see them from the same angle.

Squid wrote:

Does this count toward the letter mod?

(pic)

I thought the made good Ks, and I specifically put them in because of that.
Though, just in case I stuck the colour mod in the shadows which is kinda hard to see, but I so have an extra crazy bright picture where one can see them from the same angle.

That works as the letter MOD.

Youtube   Twitter

Ah, thanks!  Someone in another topic had said it might not count so I wanted to check.

I know the rules outlaw blood and gore, but how about a minimal amount in a surgical context?

no more brickfilming *sad face*.