Re: BRAWL 2014 IS OVER!

I'm still thinking... I'm DEVELOPING an idea.

why not:D

10sfy20.jpg.png

No idea what I'm going to do...
Welp, this sucks.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

I've got a good idea that I think fits the theme in a subtle yet clear way.  Best of all, it's an idea I've been really wanting to do.  Awesome!

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

WoutStopmotion wrote:

1 - The rules say i need only one mod element visible all the time. So i could just have only the letter instead of the letter AND colours? This would really help me in my brickfilm's development... hehe.

As you can see, there are two mod elements, so you can use them interchangeably in your frames, but one or the other must be present.
• Thus, you must utilize one of the following three combinations of mod elements in each shot of your entry:
A. Only the color mod.
B. Only the letter mod.
C. Both the color and letter mod.
• In title screens or opening/closing credits, the mod elements do not have to be present, unless pictures or videos are included.

WoutStopmotion wrote:

2 - If the element that one of the mods, in this case, the letter mod is turned a way that you can't see the letter? Like, a shirt with the letter A printed on front. You know it's on there, but would it be allowed if i'd film it from the back side where it isn't visible, but still verifiably still in the shot?

The Rules wrote:

• At least one of the mod elements must clearly appear in every shot of your entry.

The MOD element must be visible at some point during the shot. If you can't see it during the shot, you'll be disqualified.

The Rules wrote:

If you're confused as to how mod elements work, watch this video.

funmiproductions wrote:

Could it be based on a true story?

There is nothing in the rules against this.

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Fun Sucker wrote:

I would like to point out this rule to everyone.

The Rules wrote:

• Entries that do not show the BrickWarriors logo for a minimum of 3 seconds will be disqualified.

Details in the MOD Application section of the thread.

I refuse to do this.
I would be happy to enter without it without any chances of winning a prize, however, I do not like making my film look like an ad.  Would that be okay?  How could you bring something up like this last minute?

If I have to anyway and there's no way around it then I may just not enter at all.

I have to agree with Squid; it feels forced, especially since some brickfilmers are purists and may not like to use/be associated with 3rd-party brands.  It seems a bit cheap and going against artistic integrity too.  And, as mentioned before, you didn't specify it beforehand so there's that.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

FlyingMinifig wrote:

I have to agree with Squid; it feels forced, especially since some brickfilmers are purists and may not like to use/be associated with 3rd-party brands.  It seems a bit cheap and going against artistic integrity too.  And, as mentioned before, you didn't specify it beforehand so there's that.

I agree. No logo should be needed to enter the contest.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
http://bricksafe.com/files/harborlightpro/400x100%20BRICKSINMOTON%20PIC%202.jpg
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

Harborlight Productions wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Then no prizes will be supplied, and no entries will be received.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

I'd still be okay with no logo = no chance of prizes, but still getting properly scored.

PushOverProductions wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Ugh, then I might try and fit in the logo in a city somehow. But that's cheap.

"Bless you for making this." -Sloth 2016 * on "Chicken Shaped Lighthouse Attacks Police"
Ephesians 4:29 -"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Plenty of entries will be received without these ugly prizes. mini/blankexpression

Like the look of the prizes. mini/lol

Guys, brickwarriors was happy to give us a potential prize. They just required minor promotion for their brand. It's not a big deal. You can put them in the special thanks, or something, so you don't sacrifice artistic integrity. Just make sure that it is 3 seconds

END films wrote:

Anything free that might be useful for my films I'll try and take. mini/tongue

Lavamation wrote:

No idea what I'm going to do...
Welp, this sucks.

Relax, you've got a whole week to think of something good.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

FlyingMinifig wrote:

Technically this rule was added afterwards so it shouldn't count. Maybe there should be no prizes given to people without it but they should still be able to win. Why would a logo promote something that I wouldn't use? mini/rolleyes  Also, could the logo count as gore? mini/eh

END films wrote:
FlyingMinifig wrote:

Technically this rule was added afterwards so it shouldn't count. Maybe there should be no prizes given to people without it but they should still be able to win. Why would a logo promote something that I wouldn't use? mini/rolleyes  Also, could the logo count as gore? mini/eh

It should. mini/tongue mini/lol

END films wrote:

Anything free that might be useful for my films I'll try and take. mini/tongue

I don't see what the big deal is. Can't you just put it at the end of the video with the Brawl logo? I mean it doesn't really effect the video its self.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Y'all be cray cray just shut up and use the logo in the credits