Topic: Lego Animation 101-- magazine

I just released the first edition of my magazine... I've been working on it for a while and included lots of information, including interviews, how-to articles, and much more. Check it out here!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/231630080/Lego-Animation-101

Enjoy!
OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

Re: Lego Animation 101-- magazine

Nice! I read it and found lots of interesting stuff in there! Keep up the good work. mini/smile

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Saw the heading in chapter 2 and stopped reading.  Sorry.  Wish you best of luck - hope you make something of it.

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection

@Togfox, if you don't care for the subject, go ahead and skip that interview.
But there's some other content that you may enjoy further down.

Well, not bad at all!
I really should have taken better pictures of myself, and I hate that the sample frame is from something never finished. Also, not sure what's going on in that top picture of me. Floating Lego, scary-looking face, misspelled name...

If you don't mind critique, the review of Unrenewable seemed to just finish up the intro when it ended, the lists seemed a bit too simplified, and there weren't really any articles, only two interviews and a story. There are also a handful of cut-offs mid-sentence, and large gaps between some lines. But that may have been the website going crazy.

BUT, like I said before, you asked some great questions, I enjoyed the BuilderBrother's interview a lot, and the letter by "Mr. Grumpily the Third" was hilarious. You did a good job, it could have used a bit more content, but the deadline for school may have prevented that. I'm sure you learned a lot from doing this, and I sure hope you got a good grade.

Cool beans.  Always wanted to do a BF magazine, but never had the time.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I'm just speculating, and I may not even understand what he means by "Chapter 2". However I was put off by the "A interview with...". I don't know for sure what Tog meant, but I have an idea that might be it. I believe that if someone is doing an entire magazine for something, there should be some kind of revising stage. Spelling and grammar mistakes are easily fixed.

Apart from that I think it was pretty cool, it's nice to see someone continuing the community together-ness in a new form.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I don't know for sure what Tog meant, but I have an idea that might be it.

I think it might have been Pritchard's Christianity, but that could also be it. A little more on-topic, I agree, it would be a little more comforting if the magazine were a little more professional. But, kudos to you anyhow, Kaleb, for doing something that I could probably never do.

To spread awareness, I suggest asking for this to be put on the brickfilming Wiki.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Hey, Osom Studios, I really liked it, but you should have someone review your grammar.  is there a way a Scribid member could make a pdf available publicly, so that a reader doesn't have to subscribe to download it?  If not, LMK too.  Thanks.  Would love to be featured one day.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

rioforce wrote:

Nice! I read it and found lots of interesting stuff in there! Keep up the good work. mini/smile

Thanks glad you liked it

togfox wrote:

Saw the heading in chapter 2 and stopped reading.  Sorry.  Wish you best of luck - hope you make something of it.

Ok thats fine. mini/wink  Glad you read the beginning. Thanks

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Well, not bad at all!
I really should have taken better pictures of myself, and I hate that the sample frame is from something never finished. Also, not sure what's going on in that top picture of me. Floating Lego, scary-looking face, misspelled name...

Oops... I am very sorry about the misspelling. I fixed the spelling and changed the teaser frame to something from steam punk and re- uploaded it.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

If you don't mind critique, the review of Unrenewable seemed to just finish up the intro when it ended, the lists seemed a bit too simplified, and there weren't really any articles, only two interviews and a story. There are also a handful of cut-offs mid-sentence, and large gaps between some lines. But that may have been the website going crazy.

BUT, like I said before, you asked some great questions, I enjoyed the BuilderBrother's interview a lot, and the letter by "Mr. Grumpily the Third" was hilarious. You did a good job, it could have used a bit more content, but the deadline for school may have prevented that. I'm sure you learned a lot from doing this, and I sure hope you got a good grade.

Thanks so much for the great critique. Will really try to work on those things next time. Also glad you thought it was funny:)

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Cool beans.  Always wanted to do a BF magazine, but never had the time.

Thanks. This was a school project so I guess I was lucky to have the time

Legocloniac477 wrote:
Pritchard Studios wrote:

I'm just speculating, and I may not even understand what he means by "Chapter 2". However I was put off by the "A interview with...". I don't know for sure what Tog meant, but I have an idea that might be it. I believe that if someone is doing an entire magazine for something, there should be some kind of revising stage. Spelling and grammar mistakes are easily fixed.

Apart from that I think it was pretty cool, it's nice to see someone continuing the community together-ness in a new form.

Thanks Will try to do that next time I write something. Also thanks.

Mickey wrote:
Legocloniac477 wrote:

I don't know for sure what Tog meant, but I have an idea that might be it.

I think it might have been Pritchard's Christianity, but that could also be it. A little more on-topic, I agree, it would be a little more comforting if the magazine were a little more professional. But, kudos to you anyhow, Kaleb, for doing something that I could probably never do.

To spread awareness, I suggest asking for this to be put on the brickfilming Wiki.

Thanks also will try to do better with my grammar next time. Also thanks.

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Hey, Osom Studios, I really liked it, but you should have someone review your grammar.  is there a way a Scribid member could make a pdf available publicly, so that a reader doesn't have to subscribe to download it?  If not, LMK too.  Thanks.  Would love to be featured one day.

Thanks. And will try to do better with grammar next time and have someone review it. Also didn't know you had to sub I just uploaded it there because it was the easiest place I could find to upload it.

Also, I'm not sure if I'll do another one... this was a school project, so will see if I end up doing another one.

thanks a ton for all the great help.
OsomStudios

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

If you do make a "series", I suggest you use webtrackers to monitor how many downloads you get.  You can then see which episodes were more popular and if your audience goes up or down.  These are url's you put in your link so 3rd party trackers can do their bit.

I've done eMags like this for other hobbies and understanding your audience - or even if you have an audience - is vital.  Best of luck!

Aka Fox
Youtube: My channel   Twitter: @animationantics
Best brick films: My selection