Topic: Ideas that may or never see the light of camera.

I thought it would be interesting to post a thread to hear ideas that members have
that could or never be filmed?
I will kick it off.

Working Title : A Ben In Time.
Somehow a man named Ben has managed to go back in time to any point in history and has
been changing certain history points.
In order to stop him the World Council send a team back to the first point in time Ben first
changed to stop him.
If they succeed everything will return as it was.
Problem is if Ben changes any point in time that has an effect on technology, the time machine
the team traveled back in will cease to exist stranding he team where they are.

Worked up a bit more if the story with some characters, but as I write this it still remains
in the ideas folder.

Re: Ideas that may or never see the light of camera.

I have a whole lot of ideas folder stuff.  I'm finally working on a script for something that has been in my mind for 20 years now: Buy Tomorrow.  I also am dedicated to one series, so I can't animate other stuff, andf hope someone who likes to animate but not write would pick stuff up.  I also still have my first screenplay that I ever wrote: "Candy".  I don't have a PDF because I actually typed it out on a typewriter.  It's a romantic comedy, a bit PG-13 for some sexual themes, although there is no actual obscene language.  The story is about a hopeless romantic who analyzes women by the type of candy she eats.   I typed it in 2002-2003, it runs 35 mages/minutes.  It was intended as a live action story.  It wouldn't translate well as a brickfilm, because There are lots of actual candy bars in it that I don't think could be rendered in Lego at minifigure scale.  Besides that, it features a real magazine ad that can't be rendered in Lego.  Unless, maybe... labels are printed, but rendering peece's Pieces is still impossible... wait, Clay!  And I can photoshop the magazine ad!  As I type this, all these ideas flooded in at once.  Maybe it can be done!

For Ben in Time, it may be cool to have his point of time travel inside Big Ben... making Ben's name melodramatic a bit, and associating the clock with time, etc.  Just a first idea, but something that you might like... or not.

Last edited by HoldingOurOwn (June 26, 2014 (01:41pm))

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."