Topic: Anybody Else Play The Lego Movie Video Game?

I played the Xbox One demo yesterday at Best Buy.
Before playing, I wasn't sure about this game, but now….yeah, going to have to get it.

I will say it's very similar to all of the previous Lego video games, but still fun.
Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, etc.

One odd thing that I will note, the WiiU version is not very plentiful.
(This is a similar tactic pulled on the Ducktales WiiU version.)
I've seen other versions at various retail outlets, just not the WiiU version.
Wanted to wait until it goes on sale, but now…not sure if the Nintendo version is a limited release.

Anybody else play or have played?

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

Re: Anybody Else Play The Lego Movie Video Game?

I've watched a couple of level walkthroughs and it seems awesome, but unfortunately the 3DS version is the same as the Marvel game was: appalling. The format's different and totally unplayable, so now I have to wait a whole year until the Mac version comes out.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Well…..I gave in and picked it up.
It's on sale right now at some retail outlets like Walmart, etc.
Did a price compare and they gave me the discounted price.

I spoke with the manager at Gamestop.
Apparently, Gamestop is the only retailer right now to have the hard copy available in store ready for purchase.
All other outlets are online only.

Still waiting for Lego City Undercover to go on sale.
Not sure about the Lego Marvel game.

"Tell stories that matter to you, not stories that'll sell." - Stephen Tobolowsky

YouTube/Twitter/SG

The Lego Marvel game (to me) is very fun. My friend picked it up at the black friday sale and we played through the first few levels together while I visited him. Large open environments, lots of stuff to look for, humor, and great atmosphere/ voices/ sound got me hooked. I downloaded the demo and my kids and I have played through it a dozen times or so. My son who is three enjoys it a lot and can get through the whole sandman sequence without help now. Wish I had bought a copy myself. I'm looking for a good sale too- 20 is my limit for games. The lowest I've seen Marvel superheroes is 35.

Don't know if you're interested or have played Harry Potter years 5-8. Picked it up at a yard sale for 5 dollars and it's been pretty fun. The characters still mumble and mime for the camera but the two player with my kids is hilarious.

Have fun.
Jared

Yeah, normally I would just wait for a really good sale ($10-30 depending on the title).
But Lego Movie WiiU I'm making an exception for. I truly believe this is going to be a very limited print run.
They're treating the Lego Movie WiiU version release exactly like Ducktales WiiU.
Only releasing it to a select few retail outlets and in limited quantities.
Heck, it's hard to find Ducktales WiiU now. Saw it everywhere just before Christmas. Glad I grabbed it.
I would not mind getting some others like Lord of the Rings, but maybe at a yard sale or a super retail sale.

The Lego video games I mainly have are Batman, Indiana Jones & Star Wars.
Well, if you want to go waaaay back…Lego Racers on Nintendo 64 is a favorite as well.  mini/smile

YouTube/Twitter/SG

dewfilms wrote:

Yeah, normally I would just wait for a really good sale ($10-30 depending on the title).
But Lego Movie WiiU I'm making an exception for. I truly believe this is going to be a very limited print run.
They're treating the Lego Movie WiiU version release exactly like Ducktales WiiU.
Heck, it's hard to find Ducktales WiiU now. Saw it everywhere just before Christmas. Glad I grabbed it.
I would not mind getting some others like Lord of the Rings, but maybe at a yard sale or a super retail sale.

Well, if you want to go waaaay back…Lego Racers on Nintendo 64 is a favorite as well.  mini/smile

I had, strike that, still do have LEGO Racers for the PC. I am beast at it... mini/bigsmile

RedBrick1/LegoTrain587 | EXPANSE | A Brickfilm

RedBrick1 wrote:
dewfilms wrote:

I had, strike that, still do have LEGO Racers for the PC. I am beast at it... mini/bigsmile

Man, I want LEGO Racers again. I've also been tempted to do an old school Racers animation for a while now.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein