Topic: Hand

Between institutionalised education and elite runescaping I have been working on a short entitled Hand. It's slowly under production and not near completion in any sense of the word. A 'short' may not sound like much, but the process so far has been quite the learning curve and a good education for myself. I'm attempting to make it to as high a standard as possible and am thus taking my time. Release date, idk.

Clip of raw Animation

Danke

Last edited by Carousel (June 14, 2014 (05:05pm))

Re: Hand

The masking kinda ruins a bit in the bottom right hand corner, that needs to be cleaned up.
The animation itself looks nice, and butterflies are a good seldom-used idea.
Is it just a small part of one scene, or will it be the focus or the film?

Also, glad to finally see you release something.
It's always odd to see an active member with nothing of his own. mini/wink

I consider the usage of the word "Noodles" in reference to other people to be offensively condescending.

I prefer the term "pasta".

Seriously, though, I do like the butterfly animation.  I'm interested in seeing this!  You haven't released any brickfilms so I'm curious to know what your style is like.  And like Pritchard mentioned butterflies are rarely if ever seen in brickfilms, so I'm curious to know what this one will be about.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Also, glad to finally see you release something.
It's always odd to see an active member with nothing of his own. mini/wink

I agree, it is a bit odd-- although I probably fall into this category a bit myself as I haven't released something since last summer, he he.  Though I'll begin filming again very soon.

Last edited by Mr Vertigo (May 19, 2014 (02:29pm))

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Good clip! I agree with the masking, but I have seen a lot worse!
Also, its about time I finish something, haven't done any proper full fledged animations since 2011...

Thanks for the responses. I do completely agree that it is way overtime I actually released something.

As for the butterfly, that tedious shot with the shoddy masking has since been cropped significantly, colour-corrected and has had the green backdrop keyed out. I'm currently working on the body shot for which the butterfly will be overlaid onto. You'll have to wait and see as to what my usage of the butterfly is.

Stay tuned (cue rampant butterfly hype)