Re: Lego Traphouse Update Topic

Looking good, going to be interesting to see how the lighting is in the lava room.

The production time of this film has slowed down, because school started and now I can animate only on weekends. I have no idea when this is going to be finished, but I'll try to be quick.
Here is one scene that I'm going to animate again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KajMHZjJub4

The reason is that this is made right after my catapult film and because of that the quality is not good enough for me, and the lighting doesn't fit to the rest of the film

Last edited by VerkkuUkkeliProductions (October 1, 2013 (06:31am))

Here is another image of the film.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/10268003546_67de1b7e4d_h.jpg

Looks great!

That lighting is pure awesomeness! Keep it up.

How are you lighting all the shots soooooo good?

I am currently using just 1 lamp ( because it is the only one I have), and because of that I have to use White paper to block and reflect light  in my scene. Usually I take about 20 pictures adjusting the lighting and camera angle. And I animate in completely black room with the scene light being the only light source.

Last edited by VerkkuUkkeliProductions (October 20, 2013 (09:19pm))

I have almost completed animating, but I have a problem that will most definitely occur in any long project. Since I have animated some parts almost a year a go ( pretty much when I started making brickfilms again) I am not pleased with the quality of them. mini/confused And because all scenes are made in random order, the quality will vary alot throughout the film (or game or whatever you like to call it). mini/sad Pretty much 1 scene to go mini/bigsmile.

I love the concept of this, even though I don't usually like brickfilms to have blod/gore in them. I think the concept is great and I look forward to the final film/game.

Caveman Incorporated wrote:

I really like the idea of this interactive series.

*sighs* You don't see enough of those anymore…there was a phase where every big YouTuber was doing some cross-channel game, but no more...

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Remember the video game Night Trap?  We bought it before it was banned by feminists.

Hate to break it to you but because of the age gap, nobody else on this site is going to remember a game that came out in 1992. I only know it because my friend's brother's a bone fide game developer and we're both nerds. Plus there was that Charlie Brooker programme, which was the first time I saw actual footage of the game…*shudders* It's a good thing it was so controversial though, as without it we may not have had game ratings appear in such force (not that they're much use these days).

Besides, only 90s kids remember the 90s. Period.

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/only+90s+kids.+the+tags+are+best+korea_fa89e2_4562095.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Gwah! I'm tired! mini/sad This project is just stretching as I need to reshoot, reshoot, reshoot all the scenes I'm not satisfied with. I have just made the decision to not shoot any more footage. I'll just do all the post production and upload, as this is starting to limit my imagination and also I don't want to start another projects because this one is unfinished. mini/confused 
The quality of animation, set building and lighting may will vary a lot throughout this video (as some scenes were shot right after my catapult video ( That's like a year ago (Or probably more mini/tongue ))), but all I want now is to get it done.