Topic: Popular Youtube channel uploaded a brickfilm!

Guys! Check this out! That channel has over 3500000 subscribers, and they did a brickfilm! Maybe this is just spam, but I think that's pretty awesome!

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: Popular Youtube channel uploaded a brickfilm!

That was actually made mostly by Brotherhood Workshop, I believe.

The video description wrote:

Our first Stop Motion HISHE! Please enjoy our parody alternate ending to The Lego Movie. We hope you think that everything is AWESOME!

Stop Motion by Brotherhood Workshop
https://www.youtube.com/user/Brotherh...

Thank YOU for watching! Click that 'Like' if you enjoyed it. And hit that 'Subscribe' If you don't want to miss our next short!

Boats Animator
Free stop motion software with 1080p support!
YouTubeBrickfilms WikiBoats Animator

Something about this seems much lower than BHW's usual work.  The facial animation is absolutely miserable and the set where Batty and Superman talk is just lazy.  On top of that the green screening behind that looks terrible.

I've only once before seen a video actually by this channel, but the animation was so bad I never plan to watch another.

Squid wrote:

Something about this seems much lower than BHW's usual work.  The facial animation is absolutely miserable and the set where Batty and Superman talk is just lazy.  On top of that the green screening behind that looks terrible.

I've only once before seen a video actually by this channel, but the animation was so bad I never plan to watch another.

You are right, this was really sub-par for him. I noticed a lot of set-bumps too.

His work is ordinarily really good though, I love his animations.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Squid wrote:

You're right.

I think I figured out the reason why the Batman/Superman talk set is the way it is...I bet it is a callback to this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBpXt8_6xs

...which also contains Batman & Superman sitting (in the same positions) in a diner(?) having a discussion.

This video happened to be on my YouTube home page under 'Recommended for You' or whatever the hell YouTube is calling it these days.

TCOTY Entry: The Perks of Being TCOTY
ToY Entry: Secrets of the Lost Tomb
Please visit me on the YouTubes!
Care to follow me on the Twitter?

Squid wrote:

The set design of the place where Batman/Superman talk is a call back to some of the channels previous videos, in which there would sometimes be a scene were they would discuss weird/illogical elements of super hero films.

I thought the video was okay. I liked how well they recreated the sets from the movie, though the facial animation looked a bit weird. But hey, its positive exposure for the community, so I'm just fine with it.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Squid wrote:

Seems a little harsh. This isn't targeted at Brickfilm fans, but at HISHE fans. Sure, the animation isn't great, but that's not the focus of this particular YouTube channel's content.

Also, they must have had to make this fairly quickly, seeing as the film only came out a few months ago.

Yeah, Brickfilms that satirise a popular trend pretty much have to be rushed, or else it'll be too late. I used to drive myself mad trying to parody stuff before the joke died. You barely have time to think of a script before your off building the set.

YouTube
Max, She/They

The jokes were lame layman humour and the animation, attention to detail etc etc were pretty second-rate.
Good publicity to our noble enterprise tho

AlNickelsFilms wrote:

I think I figured out the reason why the Batman/Superman talk set is the way it is...I bet it is a callback to this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBpXt8_6xs

...which also contains Batman & Superman sitting (in the same positions) in a diner(?) having a discussion.

It's actually a running gag they have. Every time they do a "How It Should Have Ended"-video that relates to super heroes, they end up at the "Super Hero Café".

I get a feeling that a lot of you guys don't know about HISHE. I think they're pretty funny, and it's awesome that they made the video with actual LEGO instead of their regular animation style.

EDIT: Aaaand I'm an idiot. Didn't see Sonjira's message...

Last edited by Drannion Entertainment (May 4, 2014 (08:50am))

I love HISHE. I've been following them for years. They're super awesomesauce.

I can also see what people mean about this being a bit poor for BW, although the timeframe he had may have been a contributing factor.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Carousel wrote:

The jokes were lame layman humour

Are you kidding?

Spoiler (click to read)

Everything is Batman
Everything is cool when you're Batman
Everything is Batman
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey's right, that joke at the end was golden, the video is worth watching just for that. I agree that people seem to be missing the point of HISHE, it's not about the animation, it's about the parody of obvious problems with films, sort of in the line of Cinema Sins, but focused just on story and much less in the vein of formal film theory. Don't complain about poor animation, enjoy the comedy. (And yes, he probably had a very short window in which to animate this.)

I know and usually enjoy the content of HISHE. I understand they use parody for their comedic purposes, yet this time around, their use of it was culminated in simple, obvious humour. Wow they adhered to that same tiresome "Socially Inept Green Lantern" foundation laid down by the movie (the chewing gum bit was half decent though). Wow they supplemented the main lyric of that awful song with Batman's name, thus creating the case for some frail satire/comedy. COMEDY $GOLD$]

I just didn't find it very creative nor very funny, and so my attention drifted to the technical side of things (or lack thereof).

I agree for the most part with Carousel, the technical side was rough and some of the comedy. I found it entertaining though, and Squid, their face animation was HISHE's special look they have in all their movies. The animation fell below that of decent average animators, which is unusual for BHW, and the cafe set was quite frankly pathetic.

I still enjoy HISHE movies a lot though, and this did not even come close to ruining the reputation of either YouTuber

I love HISHE! When I first heard they were uploading a brickfilm, I got so excited. But this was very disappointing... The animation was okay, but this is very low for BHW. The worst thing about it though, was the face animation. Especially Superman's.

I felt that the jokes weren't up to par with their regular humor, and I hate to agree with everyone else, but I didn't like the animation. (I never really enjoyed BHW's videos specifically because it's hard for me to follow along, the choppiness level is a bit distracting.) But I am glad they brought brickfilming to a new demographic, maybe a few people will be interested in brickfilms now because of it.

Last edited by Legocloniac477 (May 5, 2014 (09:23am))

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions