Topic: LUGs and other forums.

I honestly don't have any good experiences with LUGs and other lego forums. Thought i'd write it somewhere. (I doubt i'm posting this in the right place, feel free to move mini/smile )

LowLUG - Dutch lego community. Mods constantly being mean to outsiders, one admin called my brickfilms "garbage" and thought it was rightful to say. I posted a picture of fake lego in a topic about fake lego, and they suddenly removed the post. I tried posting it again, then suddenly i get banned for a month! Still no useful explanation. After the ban, i decided to just post in a topic in a subforum, not being mean or anything... PERMABAN. The admins themselves were being dumb enough to send me a private message with the ban reason... yet i was banned from posting and reading messages. mini/lol

The admins on there encourage everyone to act mature... well, is this mature?

BrickArms Forums - Only other lego forum i really know of. Full of COD kiddies that can't build FFS and have their only weapon experiences from crappy FPS games. There's like only one active moderator and he'se cleaning the forums from ANYONE that decides to say ANYTHING bad about ANYTHING. I can't even say an awful moc is awful, or the mod is after me. This month, a not very well made MOC got featured as MOC Of The Month, i replied that there were way better MOC's, and now the mod is threatening to permaban me if i continue. Blergh.

I'm only really posting this to get reactions on these experiences, but feel free to add in on the discussion.

edit, once again:
I'm only really posting this to get reactions on these experiences, but feel free to add in on the discussion.

Last edited by WoutStopmotion (March 5, 2014 (01:59pm))

signature

Re: LUGs and other forums.

Yeah, I don't know the other site, but the only non Lego fan website that I'm on is the Rooster Teeth forum.

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

I was talking about Lego fansites though.

signature

I have no idea about those, but Eurobricks.com is the second-best Lego fansite I've ever seen.
(Behind BiM of course mini/wink )

I've had nothing but good experiences there, and it's really active so you're almost guaranteed several comments no matter what you post. Gotten some great feedback, and seen some amazing MOCs there.
I highly recommend it.

WoutStopmotion wrote:

I was talking about Lego fansites though.

I know, but I'm only on Brick in Motion and that the only Lego fan site, that I'm on. But there is also Eurobricks, too.

Last edited by Wmallenpeterson (March 5, 2014 (09:51am))

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

Eurobricks and brickset. The two biggest AFOL websites on the internet. I only use TheBrothersBrick an odd time, just as a 'passer by'. I would say that Eurobricks is the biggest mature Lego community.

Eurobricks.com is wonderful but you have to be 18 or older in order to actually have an account there, but it's still got some really interesting threads, knowledgeable people, and awesome MOCs on it. 

Brickset.com has an excellent database and frequently interesting front page news.  The bricksetforums.com are great, I participated in a Secret Santa last Christmas through it and that was lots of fun. 

Brothers-Brick.com is mostly just set reviews and popular MOCs being shown. 

Fbtb.net is pretty cool, but has died down a LOT since I first joined.  Fbtb stands for From Bricks To Bothans, it's a LEGO Star Wars (and other licensed themes) fansite/forum. 

brickheroes.com is great for current LEGO super hero news, especially with new set images.  It's in French but if you translate the page with your web browser it's easy enough to get what they're saying.

LUGs are basically useless for me since I'm in Alaska and no one has easy access to each other, last I checked there's like 3 members and none of them have done anything for 2 years or so.  It's sad.

What does LUG mean?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

LEGO User Group.

Welcome to LUGNET - International LEGO Users Group Network, global community of LEGO enthusiasts. LUGNET unites LEGO fans worldwide through forums, web pages, and services.

http://www.lugnet.com/

Brickset and Eurobricks are the best I know of. For general news, Brickset is great. It even shows updates of Amazon LEGO discounts on a daily basis. It's very useful for keeping up to date with what's going on.

I don't even really know what a LUG is myself, except that it's a user group and stuff. I thought, "hey, thats where to discuss lego with other people from my country". Apparently the admins on LowLUG don't even classify a Lego movie as a Lego build, and bash it down for no reasons mini/madhead And they're being immature themselves, yet they want everyone to be mature. n00bs.

And i do have a Brickset profile, too.

signature

The awful mods at BrickArms Forums have just gave me a permanent ban... for saying a downright ugly creation was ugly, and giving the builder a bunch of tips to improve it.

They're expecting everyone to be nice to everyone, no matter what. I was generally nice, and now this crap happens. mini/lol

signature

WoutStopmotion wrote:

for saying a downright ugly creation was ugly

That's a bit harsh though.

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

WoutStopmotion wrote:

and giving the builder a bunch of tips to improve it.

And this?

I just said "its ugly because it's too wide, it doesn't look good and you might want to fix it. besides that it looks good".

signature

I can see why you are mad, but by ranting against these website mods and slandering them, you are being no more mature than they are. If these mods are really as bad as you say, maybe you should talk with them, or at least try to express your opinion less harshly.

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.