Topic: BrickUltra Custom Printed Minifigs

Hello,

Over on BrickUltra we just announced our Custom Minifigure Store line and we’d be grateful if you’d take a look and tell us what you think about our first digitally printed figure called the "Mech Pilot".

Article Link: http://brickultra.com/new-brickultra-cu … ouncement/ 

If you have suggestions for future characters, leave a comment! If you want custom figures for a film/moc contact us on BrickUltra.

Best of Luck,
Nathan "BrickUltra Team"

Re: BrickUltra Custom Printed Minifigs

The design is stinkin' amazing, but the price is about five times what I would pay.
But I'm somebody out there with bigger pockets than mine may buy it.
Plus, I'm not part of the ya'lls network. (Or whatever you call it.)

I would buy it, but it so freaking expensive! I could buy a whole LEGO set for $30!

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Holy Hera, that's expensive mini/eek  The designs are great, but I don't see how anyone can justify spending $30 on a minifigure.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

YOu all have clearly never been to clone army customs. Their minifigures can go for up to $50.

…which is totally absurd.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Willco66 wrote:

YOu all have clearly never been to clone army customs. Their minifigures can go for up to $50.

I HAVE been to CAC. I've wanted one of those figures for years, I just can't bring myself to buy it; because it's TOO EXPENSIVE.

Using CAC as an example is not a very good idea, no offense.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

With that price it's not something I would buy just to own it for the sake of it.

However.

Had I the need for such a fig in a film, I would purchase one right away. $10 shipping to me in Australia isn't the worst I've seen either. It would be nice to see some bulk discounts though.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

The figure is nice, as the printing resembles to me a spartan from the Halo series. But $30/£18 is a tad bit expensive, but it is such a detailed figure!

Thanks for the feedback! While we know the price is expensive at this point in time, we aim to lower our prices in the near future! The problem is we're just beginning and the startup fees are quite expensive! However we really appreciate your feedback and we hope to become your preferred custom Minifigure provider!

If you don't mind me asking what would be a recommend price point for the future, we'll try our hardest to see if we can get it there! And what figures should we do in the near future?

Best of Luck,
Nathan "BrickUltra Team"

I think I would be happy buying that figure for $10 or less, although, you could add a few cool accessories and jack the price up a couple dollars mini/wink You really might consider doing some minifigs from movies that LEGO hasn't done yet (ie. Doctor Who or Fantastic Four). You could also probably make a killing off of "personalized" minifigs, where you make a minifig that looks like someone, you could charge $50 for one of those!

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

BrickUltra wrote:

Thanks for the feedback! While we know the price is expensive at this point in time, we aim to lower our prices in the near future! The problem is we're just beginning and the startup fees are quite expensive! However we really appreciate your feedback and we hope to become your preferred custom Minifigure provider!

If you don't mind me asking what would be a recommend price point for the future, we'll try our hardest to see if we can get it there! And what figures should we do in the near future?

Best of Luck,
Nathan "BrickUltra Team"

Really depends on how much is spent overall on each figure, if a total of $10 was spent to make each one, then it should be either $17.50 or $22.50, to make quite a bit of profit from the sales.

10$ is way too little for a figure so detailed and of (seemingly) good quality. I say 20$ would be reasonable.

I'd recommend recreating movie (and perhaps comic book) characters, if possible. A few fantasy-oriented could sell, as lego doesn't have such a wide variety of those. Vampires, zombies, elves and whatnot. (Maybe this isn't such a good idea, because of the recent Lord of the Tings and The Hobbit sets, but you should give it some thought anyway...)
I think a few 'classic' or cliché movie characters would be very uselful, something one could use in a wide variety of scenarios.

Great work by the way! I'll let you now if any more ideas come to my mind.

Last edited by BrickStory (December 14, 2013 (06:06am))

BrickUltra wrote:

...what figures should we do in the near future?

You might consider minifig parts that are geared towards brickfilms, such as arms and legs bent into different positions, sets of dual-sided heads (LEGO does some of these, but they are limited and don't seem very co-ordinated), chainsaw parts with 3 different positions so the chain looks like it's moving), torsos twisted sideways so they can appear to turn, and so on. Possibilities are endless...

Might want to check out the new figures that we added to the site, some of you might like to use one in an animation