Topic: Stopmotion Explosion (Book, camera, more)

Hey guys, as you all know, I make brickfilms. But what you don't know, is that the reason I started making decent brickfilms was because of a book entitled Stopmotion Explosion. This book was so helpful to me, that my skill as a brickfilmer skyrocketed. This is a film I made before I got the book. And this was a film I made right after getting the book. Can you see the huge improvement? Obviously I have improved more since then, but the point is that Stopmotion Explosion can work WONDERS!!! Not only does it give excellent pointers, but it also has links to LOADS of websites that are useful to all brickfilmers. It has pics galore, and gives useful ways to make good special effects with, and without using computer technology. It covers everything from recording audio, to building a set, and includes links to lots of free programs for Windows and Mac users. Another epic thing, is that you can contact the guy who wrote it if you have a problem. He has personally fixed a ton of my problems, and lets me know what I could do to improve! Even if you are a really good brickfilmer, I would still highly recommend that you purchase this. If you are interested in buying a copy, here is a link to the website.

*My name is Brickelodeon, and I approve this message*

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: Stopmotion Explosion (Book, camera, more)

A friend of mine got this kit and really likes it, and years ago I received the kit that these guys made before Stopmotion Explosion. Both are great kits, and a good introduction to stop motion.

It was a similar kit years ago that kick-started my love for brickfilming. mini/love
In fact, after looking it up, it's a very updated and revised version by the same folks.
Ah, I feel the nostalgia coming on...

It should be better with the updates, because the version I got went on about older or low-quality software a lot. (VirtualDub, Anasazi animator, WMM, Ect...) Otherwise it's a good book, and most of the core principles of stop-motion are still the same as they were years ago.

I got the older version for Christmas a while ago because my parents knew I wanted a camera with manual settings. It's how I found out about audacity and VirtualDubMod.