Topic: LEGO Movie inspired brickfilms?

A lot of us are fans of the movie, and a lot of us have sets (even if it's just the minifig packs) but is anyone doing LEGO Movie brickfilms? As in, brickfilmers with a connection to the film? Like how you see lots of Batman brickfilms and Star Wars brickfilms. Is anyone making/does anyone have plans to make a LEGO Movie brickfilm? I think it'd be a missed opportunity if people didn't (not that I'm attempting to badger anyone into doing this). I'm all for coming up with original ideas but if there was ever a movie to do a brickfilm tie-in for, it would be this; not Batman, not Marvel, not Hobbit, the LEGO Movie.

Thoughts?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Re: LEGO Movie inspired brickfilms?

I want to make a little head cannon add-on to the movie, but right now I'm busy perfecting the movement and animation.

It was just going to be a small part that took place somewhere in the middle of the movie.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

That sounds cool. I wish more people were doing that kind of thing.

I'm going to try and make a fight scene between Abraham Lincoln and 'RoboBad Cop' (it's meant to sound dumb), and possibly something in the Old West.

"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

I am going to make my own trailer. Not a stop motion version of an existing one but my own trailer (though a lot of the scenes can be found in one trailer or another)

I'm not planning upon doing such a thing.  I feel like the characters should be left alone by people like us.

The LEGO Movie inspires me to make cool brickfilms in general, but only original stuff.

Yeah, I want to stick with my own original ideas.

END films wrote:

I am going to make my own trailer. Not a stop motion version of an existing one but my own trailer (though a lot of the scenes can be found in one trailer or another)

Sounds great! You doing original sound, or sound from the movie? Original sound would be awesome (let me know if you want any voices).

Squid wrote:

I'm not planning upon doing such a thing.  I feel like the characters should be left alone by people like us.

The LEGO Movie inspires me to make cool brickfilms in general, but only original stuff.

I totally get that, although I don't see much of a difference between adding to this and adding to Star Wars or Batman (although I'd say this might a little bit more worth people's time, unless you're going to do a Clone Wars animation, because there haven't been enough of them yet mini/lol  )

jampot wrote:
END films wrote:

Sounds great! You doing original sound, or sound from the movie? Original sound would be awesome (let me know if you want any voices).

Can you do a good Bad Cop? (I'm doing the chair thrown at the spotlighted robot scene)

I might be able to. It'll take a few attempts, but I've done Liam Neeson before so it should be okay. I'll try and send you something tomorrow.

jampot wrote:

I don't see much of a difference between adding to this and adding to Star Wars or Batman

I've thought about the same thing, but for some reason it feels different, and I'm not sure how.  Perhaps it's because The LEGO Movie is already LEGO, thus the appeal of having it translated into LEGO is no longer present because it was already LEGO in the first place.
(also, Batman is actually remarkably good for brickfilms as far as preexisting characters go.  Batman has been reinterpreted so many time that people are used to seeing all sorts of different versions of him and his universe)

I guess it's also worth noting that The LEGO Movie speaks so much about creativity and not following the instructions that using specific LEGO Movie characters in a film would quite ironically go against the entire point of the film.

Squid wrote:

I guess it's also worth noting that The LEGO Movie speaks so much about creativity and not following the instructions that using specific LEGO Movie characters in a film would quite ironically go against the entire point of the film.

Yes, if you were going to do an animation following Emmet or Wildstyle doing something. I see no problem with, I dunno',

Spoiler (click to read)

an Old West brawl when the robots first arrived, or having some Master Builders in their natural homes/escaping from Bad Cop, or seeing how the citizens of Bricksburg deal with their newfound creativity, or exploring Vikings Landing or Clown Town, or showing more of a Dumbledore/Gandalf teamup, or or or or or

IMO minor characters are kind of built to be extrapolated as much by fans as by the original creators, but I see your point. I personally think that this is a story intended to let the fans continue it in their own ways, hence why so many minor characters appear in set form and why there's so much rich backstory.

Squid wrote:

I'm not planning upon doing such a thing. I feel like the characters should be left alone by people like us.

Same.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Squid wrote:

Creativity never gave the world Emmet/Batman slashfiction.

I will.

HEAD CANNON EVERYTHING!!!

Looks like it's up to me

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I wasn't going to come out and say any thing yet, but I guess I will. I do have plans (however far in advance they may be) to do videos (not necessarily a series) that are all in the same LEGO world. E.G, say I film a scene in the Death Star and I finish the video for it, then I want my minifigs to go back there, I will make the props the same way. So I will have continuity in my videos. And have a set group of minifigs in these adventures. Like having Emet, Wildstile and Bat-Man go to the Death Star and then come back to it (but it would be my own figs). I hope I made myself clear.:)