Topic: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread.

This thread is dedicated to one of the best shows on TV.
I'll start off by asking what you all think of season 4 so far?
This Sundays episode was a true classic with a great cliffhanger.

Re: The Walking Dead Discussion Thread.

The Walking Dead game by TellTale Games ruined the TV show for me.

Before playing TellTale's game, I'd watch the TV series and think "That part was pretty cool, that character's nice, that part was okay, oh good a zombie that's cool, that plot was okay..." and come back for another episode.

After playing TellTale's game, all I could think is "This is dumb, that is dumb, that character is mediocre, that plot was weak, I'd rather be playing the TellTale game right now."

The Walking Dead the TV series parallels Heroes from a few year back: excellent first season, bad to middling every season after.

I stopped watching 2 episodes before the Season 3 finale.

I'm gonna be honest, I haven't watched an entire series through...However what I have seen was incredibly good, and I can definitely see why it's so popular, but for some reason it never really gripped me to carry on watching...Then again I don't watch any TV show compulsively so I guess that's just me haha!

One of my favourite TV shows, it's always well written, well acted, excellent but painful cliffhangers, excellent effects, lack of CGI (which is good!), I don't find anything wrong with it! It's fantastic!

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

I want to just watch the first season and stop after that because a friend suggested doing that. However I'm afraid I'd keep watching the other seasons and be disappointed by diminishing standards.

So I can't really convince myself to start on the show. Maybe if I have nothing else to watch I'll start on this series.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16037138950_5eeda635ce_o.png

Just watch the first season and stop. The first season is great and compact. It has a clearly defined story arc with interesting characters and moves along at a good pace.

Just treat it as a six-episode miniseries and end it there.

Nathan Wells wrote:

Just treat it as a six-episode miniseries and end it there.

Or read the comics, which I think it a lot better than the TV show.

You think The Walking Dead is slow, you should not watch Hell on Wheels.

I'm also Bappy on Discord for those wondering.

SPOILER ALERT for those who haven't seen up to Mid-Season finale of Season 4.

Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was a pain in the behind and 3 & 4 have various moments (both good and bad) but I'm still gonna watch this show cause I like Rick, The Governor (R.I.P.) and zombies. The Walking Dead video game is like a million times better than the TV show though.

Larry Simmons wrote:

Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was a pain in the behind and 3 & 4 have various moments (both good and bad) but I'm still gonna watch this show cause I like Rick, The Governor (R.I.P.) and zombies. The Walking Dead video game is like a million times better than the TV show though.

R.I.P to the governor? DUDE......... He was evil!

"With those bricks we know and love, anything is a possibility!"-Smoky Air Studios

Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

Heath Ledger's Joker was evil as well but somehow people loved him. It's ok to like villains.

Larry Simmons wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

Heath Ledger's Joker was evil as well but somehow people loved him. It's ok to like villains.

Heath Ledger was friggen awesome tho, this guy ain't .

Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:

Well lol that's true. I didn't like him during season 3, but during season 4 I tried to imagine how I'd feel if I lost my lovely wife and my daugther and if there was a zombie apocalypse happening. Then I realized I can't determine how good of a person I'd be, perhaps I'd go mad just like the Governor did, I could possibly become someone as cruel as the character as well.

Larry Simmons wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

Well lol that's true. I didn't like him during season 3, but during season 4 I tried to imagine how I'd feel if I lost my lovely wife and my daugther and if there was a zombie apocalypse happening. Then I realized I can't determine how good of a person I'd be, perhaps I'd go mad just like the Governor did, I could possibly become someone as cruel as the character as well.

The episode before he killed Martinas, I was starting to like him, but then all he'll broke loose next episode.

Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:

The episode before he killed Martinas, I was starting to like him, but then all he'll broke loose next episode.

True. He seemed like a changed man. Then he was back to his old ways.

Larry Simmons wrote:
Nasrsarian wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

True. He seemed like a changed man. Then he was back to his old ways.

I hated him much more though. But when he beheaded Hershel, that was it. I hated his guts sooooooooo much