Topic: In-shot gun flare effect idea

I recently thought up an idea for a way to make an in-shot gun-flare.

1: Get a little bit of aluminium foil.
2: Use some stick to put it at the tip of a gun.
3: Shine a torch or two at it and try to reflect as much light as possible into the camera.
4: Take a picture.

https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/1471334_653685787988100_1932283321_n.jpg

I probably could have done better.  My aluminium got a bit wrinkled, and it's a tad bit big, but it would be an interesting thing to do if you wanted to specifically avoid using computer effects, or perhaps you just don't want to go to all of the trouble involved in adding one in there.

This probably is a bit too small of an idea to merit its own topic, but I couldn't think of a better preexisting topic where I could post this, and I just really want to share the idea for anyone looking for more brickfilming ideas.

Re: In-shot gun flare effect idea

That is an awesome idea. Maybe this could also be used for other types of flares but I don't know how well it would work.

Mighty Wanderer wrote:

Maybe this could also be used for other types of flares but I don't know how well it would work.

By shining a specially coloured light at it, one might be able to make a ray gun flare, or perhaps create some sort of spark.

I've also had this idea of creating an aluminium explosion.  Unlike a bricksplosion like I usually do, one would use aluminium and shine enough light at it so it would look bright and fiery.
I've been meaning to test this concept, but I have yet to do so.
But perhaps I'll try it some time after my current scene is done.

I did a in-shot gun-flare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U59uHcKIDK8

Amazing mini/smile

BTW the gun shot is pretty cool. mini/sunnies

Awesome idea! Especially for the people who want to make effects without using any computer-special-effects in editing software, because that looks pretty realistic and in motion it will be so fast that I think it will look great! mini/smile

what about the dust/gun powder effect?

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?