Topic: Transformers: Evolution needs your help! (indiegogo campaign)

Hey fellow brickfilmers!

I'd be really thankful if you considered pledging some money for this Transformers stop-motion series project. Every dollar counts! mini/smile It's ok even if you don't pledge though mini/wink

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/trans … /x/5413015

More info on the project itself is here:
http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/to … eb-series/

Have a great weekend!

Re: Transformers: Evolution needs your help! (indiegogo campaign)

So...what's this about? Your video didn't give me any info on what this was going to be about or even a small demo of what to expect. Your prizes are just random as can be, just look on kickstarter for ideas.

And my biggest question is...why does it cost $1,200 to make a brickfilm. Unless you plan on having a Michael Bay "Explosions every" movie of CGI then I can understand.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

So...what's this about? Your video didn't give me any info on what this was going to be about or even a small demo of what to expect. Your prizes are just random as can be, just look on kickstarter for ideas.

And my biggest question is...why does it cost $1,200 to make a brickfilm. Unless you plan on having a Michael Bay "Explosions every" movie of CGI then I can understand.

Ummm.... I have provided a link that gives plenty information on the project. Seems like you decided to ignore it instead. It is about the cybertroniian civil war and the rise of Orion Pax. The money will be spent on a decent microphone and characters/figures as I have only few.

Last edited by Leo's World (November 15, 2013 (08:36pm))

I don't see how any of these pledges would be worth it. Seriously, 15 dollars to you to follow someone on Twitter? I wouldn't even spend 5 dollars to get Edgar Wright to follow me on Twitter and he's one of the best directors working right now (even a subscription on YouTube is a better pledge than that).

I also agree with CarrollFilms, 1,200 dollars seems really excessive to start up a new series with (who knows if it'll even work out). You should animate some scenes with the 2 figures you have now and show us some footage so we know what you are capable of before expecting us to donate our money to something that you didn't even seem to care about enough to put a lot of time into the campaign video for (seriously, Just you holding a transformer and talking?). Instead you should've showed set designs, artwork, your ideas for episodes and most of all, why this is gonna be worth it.

Like Lucas said, you can't expect someone to go and back up a project when people don't even know what you are capable of. Let alone how good your work is.

You can pick up a decent microphone, blue snowball for example, for around $60 on Amazon. Go to brinklink. I bought 8 M-Tron minifigures for $20. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $1,100 to buy a couple of minifigures and some LEGO bricks. You could technically pick this whole thing up with pocket change, given you have a job. If you are going to ask for a big budget you better give a pretty good reason as to why you're asking so much. In the meantime just stick to Google Adsense allowances.

You might want to, not only re-think this, but come up with a better reason as to why people should donate to your project, give some better prizes away and show a demo of what people can expect in the future.

CarrollFilms wrote:

Like Lucas said, you can't expect someone to go and back up a project when people don't even know what you are capable of. Let alone how good your work is.

You can pick up a decent microphone, blue snowball for example, for around $60 on Amazon. Go to brinklink. I bought 8 M-Tron minifigures for $20. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cost $1,100 to buy a couple of minifigures and some LEGO bricks. You could technically pick this whole thing up with pocket change, given you have a job. If you are going to ask for a big budget you better give a pretty good reason as to why you're asking so much. In the meantime just stick to Google Adsense allowances.

You might want to, not only re-think this, but come up with a better reason as to why people should donate to your project, give some better prizes away and show a demo of what people can expect in the future.

It's not a brickfilm. Its a Transformer stop-motion series. There will be no Lego involved... And I am studying filmmaking in London, the prices for mics, toys and etc. are usually 150% to 200% more expensive than in the states.

Last edited by Leo's World (November 16, 2013 (12:06am))

Larry Simmons wrote:

It's not a brickfilm. Its a Transformer stop-motion series. There will be no Lego involved... And I am studying filmmaking in London, the prices for mics, toys and etc. are usually 150% to 200% more expensive than in the states.

I don't know, amazon still shows the same price for the same product. Just because you are going to a school and learning film, that means nothing to me. I need to see work, progress, something to know how good of an animator you are. I don't go to film school yet, but here I am, making some of the smoothest animation in the entire community.

Like I said already, you need to show the product the consumer will be paying for.

CarrollFilms wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

I don't know, amazon still shows the same price for the same product. Just because you are going to a school and learning film, that means nothing to me. I need to see work, progress, something to know how good of an animator you are. I don't go to film school yet, but here I am, making some of the smoothest animation in the entire community.

Like I said already, you need to show the product the consumer will be paying for.

You're right. I'll try to make a pilot episode with 0 budget and then we'll see. You can see my filmography here though, it's not like I'm someone new and are you being serious about making some of the smoothest animation in the community? Getting rather delusional, no?

Last edited by Leo's World (November 16, 2013 (07:46am))

Larry Simmons wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:
Larry Simmons wrote:

are you being serious about making some of the smoothest animation in the community? Getting rather delusional, no?

Excuse me...EXCUSE ME! Might want to do some more research before you make such allegations...

Good idea of going with the pilot on zero budget. Actually give people a reason to fund your project. While you're at it, come up with better prizes.

Carroll, you haven't addressed your delusions yet.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Just check out my 30FPS demo.

I've seen it. I still disagree with you.

-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I've seen it. I still disagree with you.

Can you produce better animation?

Nope

-PushOverProductions

CarrollFilms wrote:

Good idea of going with the pilot on zero budget. Actually give people a reason to fund your project. While you're at it, come up with better prizes.

Thanks, I will!

Well that debacle ended more civilly than I expected.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

Well that debacle ended more civilly than I expected.

The dramatic build up was intense yo.