Topic: Transformers: Evolution (web series)

http://s23.postimg.org/mxdbd6t5n/image.jpg

Hey guys!

I'm back with another project (Non-Lego one). It's "Transformers: Evolution", a series that will tell the story of Optimus Prime (he'll be Orion Pax during season 1) and the other autobots (such as Rodimus Prime, Bumblebee and Grimlock). The first season is 10 episodes (each 5-7 minutes long) and it will focus on the beginning of the Cybertronian war. Lots of stuff will be based/inspired by a novel 'Transformers: Exodus".

Currently I'm working on the script and on the budget as the only transformers toys I have are very old (except for one figure which is new) and those have almost no articulation, which means I'll probably have to start a kickstarter campaign for a 300-400 pound budget that could be spent on the characters that must be in the show (Ultra Magnus for example).

P.S. yes, kickstarter is basically the only way to start the production in the next month or so as I can't afford to buy so many expensive action figures myself, I am a student after all. If kickstarter won't work, I'll have to wait and save money for a few months.

Each season will have 10 episodes (no matter how many seasons there will be. Right now 3 are planned, one season for the beginning of the Cybertron war, the other season for the conclusion and the darkest time, the third season sets the plot in Earth where the traditional TF shows are usually set).

Season 1

Episode 1 - "Uprising"
Plot: Orion Pax is introduced. He's an ordinary librarian, his life is boring and he's not afraid to admit it. Soon things are about to change when a gladiator Megatronus (aka Megatron) ignites a brutal revolution to destroy the corrupted government that's been around for thousands of years...

Re: Transformers: Evolution (web series)

Looks good bud.
If you need voicing let me know.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Looks good bud.
If you need voicing let me know.

Thank you! mini/smile and I most definitely will need some voice actors once I have the list of characters. mini/wink

Cool, but since it's not Lego, I think it's for another forum.
I albolutely love this era of Cybertron.  The Activision games were pretty faithful to the original series!
You're introducing Orion Pax and Megatron, which marks the beginning of the Third Cybertronian War, which ran from 9 million years ago until 2005.  At the beginning of that war, Cybertron was still in its golden age and its energy resources were plentiful.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Cool, but since it's not Lego, I think it's for another forum.
I albolutely love this era of Cybertron.  The Activision games were pretty faithful to the original series!
You're introducing Orion Pax and Megatron, which marks the beginning of the Third Cybertronian War, which ran from 9 million years ago until 2005.  At the beginning of that war, Cybertron was still in its golden age and its energy resources were plentiful.

It's an alternate storyline, so I will only follow the basic stuff, to keep things interesting I'll switch some things around. For example Rodimus will be already a prime before Orion even gets involved in the war.

Okay!  I'll still look forward to this series.  And I'm sure it'll be better than Michael Bay's version, though that's not saying much.  By the by, I own over 1100 Transformers figures and most of their boxes.  400+ are from Generation 1 (1984-1990).

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

HoldingOurOwn wrote:

Okay!  I'll still look forward to this series.  And I'm sure it'll be better than Michael Bay's version, though that's not saying much.  By the by, I own over 1100 Transformers figures and most of their boxes.  400+ are from Generation 1 (1984-1990).

OMG you are so lucky! mini/smile

There's a problem here. How can you already have 3 seasons planned out? Unless you plan on having each episode being 2 minutes long, which is ridiculous, then just forget about the other seasons. An episode should be at least 7 minutes, if not more. You might want to have a producer look over the script to make sure the pacing is good and that each episode isn't a drug on fight scene like Dragonball GT.

When you go to make a series you should only do it one season at a time. That way you can make sure the story flows and that it's not all over the place like the Star Wars Prequels.

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

When you go to make a series you should only do it one season at a time. That way you can make sure the story flows and that it's not all over the place like the Star Wars Prequels.

What?

Planning out all three seasons sound better in terms of flow than just one season. If you have a story for three seasons you can look at it as a whole and make sure it flows better.

If you take a picture, but then zoom in to see each pixel, you can't see the whole picture. Get what I'm trying to say? Or am I being unclear?

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

Legocloniac477 wrote:
CarrollFilms wrote:

What?

Planning out all three seasons sound better in terms of flow than just one season. If you have a story for three seasons you can look at it as a whole and make sure it flows better.

If you take a picture, but then zoom in to see each pixel, you can't see the whole picture. Get what I'm trying to say? Or am I being unclear?

Have you yourself ever written out a series. I have, I did a 6 episode season for short 4 minute animations. It was a terrible train wreck. You know why? because I planned out 11 other episodes that had no correlation with the other episodes. If you create the first season and execute it well, then you'll know what to do for the next season. A video is 10% script and 80% execution.

If you watch a TV show, they write shows by the season. If they were to find out one of there episodes near the beggining of the season was just dreadful; they wouldn't be able to fix the next season if they had already sent in the script to begin filming because they've already confirmed it, ain't much you can do now.

@CarrollFilms

When I say three seasons are planned out, I'm talking about the basic stuff like what the season will be about. Season 1 story is the only detailed one I have so far, because I've already figured out Orion's road to becoming a Prime (Optimus Prime).

So basically season 1 is about the beggining of the war, the whole chaos and etc and how an autobot who once was a bored librarian is involved in something he never thought he'd be a part of. It's about him developing from zero to hero mini/smile

Season 2 has no actual story yet, but it will mark the end of Cybertronian civil war as the planet runs out of energy sources. Who will be the lead? What will be the actual story? Not sure yet. I will decide that when I am indeed done with season 1 or at least when I'm halfway done.

Season 3 would move the plot to Earth, introducing human characters which would be something refreshing in the series. But there's no actual story as well. It's just a setting basically.

I love the sound of this Larry, Transformers Cybertron was kind of my childhood show.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

CarrollFilms wrote:

If you watch a TV show, they write shows by the season. If they were to find out one of there episodes near the beggining of the season was just dreadful; they wouldn't be able to fix the next season if they had already sent in the script to begin filming because they've already confirmed it, ain't much you can do now.

They write shows by season because they don't know whether the show will be picked up for another one. The writers of the show "Rome" had three seasons written already (after season 1) to complete the story arc of the main character, but the network decided to drop it after season 2 and they had to re-write it so at least it ends with a conclusion. Point is some shows are actually written way up front, although most of the tv series aren't.

Legocloniac477 wrote:

I love the sound of this Larry, Transformers Cybertron was kind of my childhood show.

Thank you! mini/smile I'll work hard on the show!

Last edited by Leo's World (November 16, 2013 (05:41pm))

Larry Simmons wrote:

@CarrollFilms

When I say three seasons are planned out, I'm talking about the basic stuff like what the season will be about.

Details Larry, DETAILS!!!

Take a break, CarrollFilms.  Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's universally true.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png