Topic: GO FILM 2013 Results!

http://i.imgur.com/Hp8hxac.png

All right, before we get started I would like to apologize on onion’s behalf for the extended wait. No one involved intended for this to happen and we all hope onion will be back sooner or later so he can see all your entries.

Now one of the main problems we needed to face was us not really knowing if we had all the entries because onion couldn’t get to his email, so if you did submit an entry and it’s not on this list. Please tell us and you will receive a copy of the latest Twilight movie in the mail (no not really).

I would like to thank END films for taking the time to make a playlist with all the entries we have found which coincidentally you can view right here!

Sadly the original judges couldn’t take the time to do their job (apart from myself) so I had to pick some replacements and they were CarrollFilms and Darkman (instead of ScypaxPictures and RealBrick) who both took the time to watch and rate all your entries based on the original categories onion provided:

Plot/Story: __/10
Theme Interpretation: __/10
Cinematography: __/10
Animation: __/10
Sound (inclusive of voice acting): __/10
Set Building: __/10
Editing (also accounts for SFX): __/10

So now without further ado, here are the results for GO-FILM 2013!

8th place
The Disorderly Ways of the Brick-Faces by the Gulf Brick Films – 21/70

7th place
Tim and His Behavior by LASF – 34/70

6th place
Literal Man by END films - 35/70

4th place
Cops by ShortProductions2012 - 37/70
TIE
4th place
Only to the Future by LucasetaK J - 37/70

3rd place
The Man in Red and Blue by sfugity - 40/70

2nd place
The Sheriff by soppenjim – 44/70

1st place
Indus by Aiwha – 59/70

If you have any complaints about these results then please email them to [email protected]
Thank you for waiting patiently, I know this has probably been very frustrating but I can now safely say that the wait is over and you have your results! Don’t feel bad if you didn’t do so well, the point of this contest is to encourage animators to exercise their film making abilities and I feel like all of you did that really well and I hope you continue to improve until the next annual GO-FILM contest!

//Lucas

Re: GO FILM 2013 Results!

Gulf's film was actually pretty good, but low on technical. so maybe the voting system should have given higher points for Plot/Story and Theme interpretation.

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

What about funniest and most creative? You forgot those

Onion wrote:

Now the bit you've all been waiting for, the prizes! Well, as of yet, we don't have a final deal with any sponsors but we hope to have an agreement soon, hopefully with extensive prizes around about what we got for the FoS 1 & 2 (100$ in all). There will be 3 separate prizes,

1) Best Overall, which will receive the highest prize.
2) Funniest entry, the one that makes judges laugh most, this will receive the 2nd highest prize.
3) Most creative entry, an entry that uses creativity in several fields to deliver a great film, this will receive a prize equal to the Funniest entry.

Last edited by END films (November 9, 2013 (01:47pm))

So who got 4th? LucasetaK J or ShortProductions2012? mini/confused

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

It says it was a tie.

Everyone's a winner!

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

I agree with END Films' first comment. Did anyone judge the films the right way according to Most Funniest and Most Creative?

Last edited by Mickey (November 9, 2013 (04:47pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Félicitation à Aiwha, qui est un Brickfilmeur français talentueux mini/wink
===============================================
Congratulations to Aiwha, a talented French Brickfilmer mini/wink

Sorry for my english... i'm French...

My BF available at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GaudrioleProduction1

Yay ! Winner ! mini/bigsmile
Thanks Lucas for working on the results !

I really liked the other entries, nice work guys.

(And what about Most Funniest and Most Creative ?)

sax wrote:

Félicitation à Aiwha, qui est un Brickfilmeur français talentueux mini/wink
===============================================
Congratulations to Aiwha, a talented French Brickfilmer mini/wink

Thanks. mini/wink

Last edited by Aiwha (November 10, 2013 (06:48am))

Aiwha wrote:

(And what about Most Funniest and Most Creative ?)

Mickey wrote:

I agree with END Films' first comment. Did anyone judge the films the right way according to Most Funniest and Most Creative?

I sent a PM to Lucas who said that he had decided not to judge that but I really think they should.
#1. The contest description stated there would be prizes for it and you can't change the contest objectives or what people place for after the contest is over (that's kinda like changing the theme) so people were trying to make films to win those categories like Mickey (guessing he was trying for most creative) and me who was trying for funniest knowing I probably wouldn't get best overall.
#2. People want to see who won these categories (like Aiwha)
#3. It's just a bit rude to the entrants.

Awesome! I actually expected something of this nature. Congrats to the winner! mini/smile

Wow, 3rd place! mini/bigsmile

Congrats to Aiwha and everyone else who entered! All of the entires were really fun to watch, and thanks for getting the contest back on track, Lucas!

Hope to see this again next year. mini/wink

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Wow! 2nd place! mini/delirium

Congratulations to Aiwha! You definitely deserved the first prize! mini/smile

Thanks Lucas, CarrolFilms and Darkman for taking the time to judge the entries. As Tobias, I also hope to see the contest again next year! mini/yes

A Twist of Fate | THAC 11: Fish Tale
Youtube | Twitter

"I see… your name is Bernt."

Pleased to have been a part of this! mini/smile

Hey guys, first off let me just apologize sincerely for having missed almost half the contest, I'm not dead however, and the sole reason for my absence was due to an internet pole that provides the internet to my house going down. Sadly I leave in a more rural area and the providers took almost 6 weeks to come and amend the damage, at which point it was too late.
I am very thankful and am in debt to Lucas, CarrollFilms, and Darkman for their work on finishing the contest which I am sorry to have missed.
I would also like to say how thoroughly impressed I am with the entires, and most especially first place which was a really fabulous brickfilm, one which I would like to have placed first too.
I hope to hopefully return to the forums and would like to once again just say sorry.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Onion wrote:

Hey guys, first off let me just apologize sincerely for having missed almost half the contest, I'm not dead however, and the sole reason for my absence was due to an internet pole that provides the internet to my house going down. Sadly I leave in a more rural area and the providers took almost 6 weeks to come and amend the damage, at which point it was too late.
I am very thankful and am in debt to Lucas, CarrollFilms, and Darkman for their work on finishing the contest which I am sorry to have missed.
I would also like to say how thoroughly impressed I am with the entires, and most especially first place which was a really fabulous brickfilm, one which I would like to have placed first too.
I hope to hopefully return to the forums and would like to once again just say sorry.

Onion now that you're back( mini/bigsmile ) can we get results for funniest and most creative?

END films wrote:

Onion now that you're back( mini/bigsmile ) can we get results for funniest and most creative?

None of the films were funny, hate to break your poor little heart. And with 8 entries there really wasn't much competition and it would be pointless to technically judge 2 of the 8 films. Hope this answers your question

I think the link to my video in the OP is broken, for I can't get to it from that link.

*applauds* Way to be subtle, Carroll. Where will you and your negative comments go next? Quit being such a downer, it's not helping anything.

Last edited by Mickey (November 15, 2013 (07:30pm))

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Mickey wrote:

*applauds* Way to be subtle, Carroll. Where will you and your negative comments go next? Quit being such a downer, it's not helping anything.

Thank you mini/smile

I don't know, somewhere in the dark crevasses of the underworld.

Am I not allowed to give an honest opinion? Alright; I can understand that, yep, totally, uh hu.