Topic: Another Jedi fight...wow...

Okay guys, I am working on a Brickfilm about two fighting Jedi. But I don't want just another Jedi fight, I want this to have stuff that would make George Lucas weep if he saw it. Here are some of my ideas:

1: Obviously the usual fighting and swinging and junk
2: Flinging bricks and each other around
3: Running up walls
4: double bladed light saber
5: a gun fight as well as gun vs light saber, as well as gun and light saber vs gun and light saber
6: Using the force to have a light saber fight where neither of them are holding the light sabers
7: fist fight
8: super awesome flying moves and other stuff like that mini/sunnies
9: Accidentally switching light sabers at some point
10: random sith guy that comes and owns them both at the end

What else do you think it needs? Or what do you think it doesn't need?

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

Re: Another Jedi fight...wow...

What else do you think it needs?

An involved plot that goes beyond "two guys are fighting" would be the bee's knees. I know I'm not alone in saying that I don't find fight scenes especially compelling without any sort of context. Not wanting to be a downer or anything, but a standalone fight scene would have to be incredibly impressive to hold my interest for very long.

I pretty much second what Squash said. It'd be great to have a few minutes where we get to know the two jedi just a little bit. During this time you could also have a nice build up to the actual fight.

I heard sometime, that the thing about lightsaber fights; is that they're just looks. Flash and actiony, but in A New Hope the only lightsaber battle; is slow and not choreographed. That fight is an emotional battle. I suppose that might not look real good in a brickfilm, but it's something you should consider.

"I wear black even when I'm not animating. I'm like a walking funeral parlor."
-PushOverProductions

These are all good ideas, but I am afraid that if I added a story behind it, the people watching it would start to root for one of the jedi, and since only one survives the battle, I'm afraid the viewers would be disappointed if ''their'' jedi lost, this is why I made both of the jedi 'good' by giving one a purple light saber, and the other a green one.  Also, the point of this film is to see awesome moves and a lot of flash, not to be a "movie".

The guy who got banned more times than DiCaprio said "f***" in The Wolf Of Wall Street.

brickelodeon wrote:

These are all good ideas, but I am afraid that if I added a story behind it, the people watching it would start to root for one of the jedi, and since only one survives the battle, I'm afraid the viewers would be disappointed if ''their'' jedi lost, this is why I made both of the jedi 'good' by giving one a purple light saber, and the other a green one.  Also, the point of this film is to see awesome moves and a lot of flash, not to be a "movie".

Well build your characters background and stories so that the audience knows who to root for. Make one cruel and have evil or slightly misguided intentions. In a movie the audience should never have to decide for themselves about something. In fact, the audience is more likely to choose favorites if the Jedi don't have a background established. They will root for which one looks coolest or has the best moves or whatever.

Also, if it has no story and is just to see how cool you can make it, It should probably go in "WIPs and Tests". I think it should have a story, even if it just takes thirty seconds to set up. You only need one or two lines to establish what the characters are fighting over, even if it doesn't give any details at all.

You could just watch this clip alone and get an understanding of what is going on in this scene and who to root for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiZNSzWIaLo

If you don't have a story, the audience won't really be that motivated to sit through and find out who wins. Like in this animated Jedi fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQtYZJWkzY

See what I mean?

Last edited by PushOverProductions (October 29, 2013 (09:21pm))

no more brickfilming *sad face*.

Hmm, perhaps you are right. I'll try to come up with some sort of connection or plot, maybe I can build on the fact that one of them looks like Hitler and the other one looks like Satan.