Re: BRAWL 2013 Has Ended!

Thank you so much Fun Sucker, the films have been so excellent, funny, and original. (y)

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Yes, thank you so much for organising this. It's produced some reaaallly quality films, some of which are no joke some of my favourites ever.

I love you Fun Sucker let's go get married.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028

I sent you a message about this, but my video is still uploading, and I'm working out problems with it. You'll see my video soon.

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

You'll see mine too.

I'm just waiting for your films to upload (Sonjira & mrsmas101) and then I'll post the playlist with all of the entries.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Willco66.

Last edited by Fun Sucker (August 3, 2013 (06:16pm))

Former BRAWL host, 2013-2017
             Youtube   Twitter

Myfilm is 83% uploaded now!

I just emailed you my film!

Congrats everyone! We made it through BRAWL with minimal psychological scars! Lets all dance to what I dub the official BRAWL success dance! Or at least, it should be official. mini/bigsmile

https://i.imgur.com/gGaR9Oz.png
Youtube @TheRealSonjira I consider it a personal defeat if my pee is not perfectly clear every time.]

Just emailed you my film. (please let 1:51 count)

Fun Sucker wrote:

I'm just waiting for your films to upload (Sonjira & mrsmas101) and then I'll post the playlist with all of the entries.

EDIT: Almost forgot about Willco66.

Don't forget to put the HD version of my film on it.  It's finally done uploading.

Anybody else having trouble uploading their film to the film directory? I've tried a few times and it keeps saying there was an error, try again later. Thanks!

This world is a dark place. One day I will see my Savior face to face.
My Youtube

osomstudios wrote:

Anybody else having trouble uploading their film to the film directory? I've tried a few times and it keeps saying there was an error, try again later. Thanks!

maybe its all the people uploading there films at the same time and its causing a jam

http://i.snag.gy/E3VvB.jpg
"Right. He deserves for it to not display right" — Sméagol
YouTube | Google+ | Vimeo | Flickr | Twitter

Here are all of the BRAWL 2013 entries!

YouTube playlist.
The single Vimeo upload.

We got a total of 22 entries, one more than last year!

Youtube   Twitter

Mine is having serious technical issues uploading. I'm considering withdrawing it, since I did a rush job on editing, fixing that, and then reuploading it in a a day or too.

Fantastic! I can't wait to watch all the entires!

-WT

I was pleasantly surprised at how well done many of these are. Good work everyone!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Ha!
Great job everybody.
I've already been through all the entries, and have found some great shorts.
Can't wait to see all the comments/reactions, as well as the judging results.
(Any idea on the time of arrival of said results?)

EDIT:
Is it true that you didn't have to disqualify anyone this year?
That would be cool if it's true, although some shorts seemed to cut things pretty close with the mod elements.

Last edited by Pritchard Studios (August 3, 2013 (09:50pm))

Willco66 wrote:

Mine is having serious technical issues uploading. I'm considering withdrawing it, since I did a rush job on editing, fixing that, and then reuploading it in a a day or too.

By withdrawing you mean not entering the contest correct? Because if you still want to enter, I'm afraid it's a bit late for that. The whole point me posting "If you PM a screen shot of the YouTube upload page, you'll be good" was so that anyone who had finished their entry and was waiting for YouTube to post the video would not have to worry about being disqualified.

In total, 5 screen shots were sent to me, in other words, if I were strict with the deadline, I would have disqualified 5 entries. So to everyone who sent a screenshot, kiss my feet.

I did think of something that I'm really hitting myself in the head for. I provided a bit of an unfair advantage to people who were technically "late." For example Lucas' film was going to take 8 hours to render and upload (way over the deadline), so he dumbed down the quality so much to the point of making the animation a bit choppy at parts. Everyone who sent me a screen shot had the security of knowing they wouldn't have to worry about how long it took to render/upload, this is technically breaking the rules

Da Rules wrote:

"Starting now, you have one week to script, animate, edit, and upload a film. Any entries not received by August 4th 12:00 AM GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) will be disqualified."

Learning from this, the deadline will be much more strict next year.

jstudios wrote:

Yes, thank you so much for organising this. It's produced some reaaallly quality films, some of which are no joke some of my favourites ever.

No problem, but we still have to get through the results, and with so many great entries, it's going to be hard to not disappoint.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

(Any idea on the time of arrival of said results?)

I'm shooting for 2 weeks tops.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Is it true that you didn't have to disqualify anyone this year?
That would be cool if it's true, although some shorts seemed to cut things pretty close with the mod elements.

A LOT of entries did cut it very close with the mod elements but yes, no one was disqualified this year.

Youtube   Twitter

nobody fit a line from a sammyclassicsonicfan video into their entry

everyone loses

there is no winner

i'm actually really enjoying everyone's films, good work everyone]

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

I think that it seems fair to submit a film while it's uploading.
Otherwise people with batter internet have an advantage.
You also can still link it even when it's uploading.

I agree with Squid, and I don't think anyone took advantage of the situation really.

http://i.imgur.com/WAr6hHC.png
BRAWL 2013 ENTRY Quack In Time
"Why in the world did you do a weird language if you know English?" - tenny1028