Topic: Rockband Mic vs Quickcam9000 vs Internal Mic

So. I want the best audio for voice acting, would I be better off with the Rockband Mic, the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 mic, or the internal mic on my other laptop (Not the laptop I animate with)

No I will not buy a new mic.
And a technical explanation for which is better would be great   (^_^)

Re: Rockband Mic vs Quickcam9000 vs Internal Mic

Of the three you listed, I'm going to take a guess and say the Rockband microphone is probably the best, followed by the Quickcam and the internal mic. That said, the Rockband mic is the only one of the three I've actually heard samples from, so I could be wrong. Quickcam and laptop microphones are primarily made for video chatting and subsequently the quality is usually not fantastic. Consumers don't generally care whether their chat has crystal clear audio as long as they can understand the person on the other end, so companies tend to skimp on microphones in those devices. I've never used the Rockband mic, but I believe Fancypants used it and got decent quality out of it.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if you have all three microphones (assuming you do since you said you aren't buying one), why not try them for yourself? A quick comparison will give you far more reliable information than the word of a stranger on the internet who doesn't even know the make or model of your equipment.

Re: Rockband Mic vs Quickcam9000 vs Internal Mic

mini/blankexpression                 

Well I'm dumb.

Thanks Squash.