Topic: (URGENT) Walking in place tutorial?

Hey guys! This is important, and needs to be answered quickly, for it's for a school project due sometime this week. How do you make a minifigure walk in place. I need to make it look like the minifigure is walking, without him actually moving forward. There are no tutorials on this. If you think I could use an easier way to make this effect, please tell me.
THANKS!

~Lavamation~

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

Re: (URGENT) Walking in place tutorial?

Try this:
1-Both legs straight.
2-Left forward, right straight.
3-Left in front, and right behind the starting stud. Neither connected.
4-Left straight, right back.
5-Both straight.

Mirror and repeat.
Just be sure to keep the minifigure's back angled the same in each frames, and to get the arm movements as smooth as possible.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

Try this:
1-Both legs straight.
2-Left forward, right straight.
3-Left in front, and right behind the starting stud. Neither connected.
4-Left straight, right back.
5-Both straight.

Mirror and repeat.
Just be sure to keep the minifigure's back angled the same in each frames, and to get the arm movements as smooth as possible.

Ok so I tried it, but it just wouldn't work out, so I just shot the upper half of the minifig, and moved his arms as I moved him up for 1 frame, then back down for 4 frames. I also moved the background backwards to give the illusion. I looped it when it went through a full cycle. Your suggestion is great though, better for more experienced brickfilmers though.

Moderator note: please do not use signatures larger than 400x100px.

>okay...

If you still need help, how about this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiryzIqLuJA

no more brickfilming *sad face*.