Re: The Adventures of Tintin: in LEGO!

For Thompson and Thomson, I would recommend either this or possibly this head.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Remember they are distinguished by their mustaches so if you use one of each it would be pretty accurate but it would be cooler if you could find mustaches that actually look like theirs

You should maybe try to make custom heads for the Thomson and Thompson.
That way you will be able to have moustaches that look like theirs, with the small difference between the two.
I think that would worth it.

Yes, but there's only a minuscule difference between the moustaches of Thomson and Thompson, which, unless you were an avid fan of Tintin, probably wouldn't even notice in the first place.

I for my part wouldn't recommend customs--I personally dislike them and unless you are very, very good at making them (and have a machine that can print on LEGO heads) they usually look highly crude and amateurish.  It's LEGO in any case, so there will always be some inaccuracies, and frankly this is one of the least noticeable ones so it probably wouldn't be worth it spending lots of time getting a tiny detail like this right.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

I agree with FlyingMinifig.

FlyingMinifig wrote:

unless you were an avid fan of Tintin, probably wouldn't even notice in the first place.

whoa there friend you might need to slow it down

If you were to distinguish them at all, you absolutely need to know their respective mustaches. Otherwise they will get mixed up.

topitmunkeydog wrote:

If you were to distinguish them at all, you absolutely need to know their respective mustaches. Otherwise they will get mixed up.

Well, I could just use the dialogue to distinguish the two.
(Ex.) "Hello, this is Thompson, with a p." I could have Thompson do slightly more talking than Thomson. Also, I have no idea how to do custom figures, and I prefer the official LEGO designs.

I think your right, you can effectively show differences through their dialogue. And the use of customs is usually a very bad idea, don't think I have ever seen a good custom done for Lego movies. But I think since this is your movie GHB you should just go with what you think is best. mini/wink

Scripting takes a long time.  mini/wink

Is this project still on? I stumbled upon it and I happen to love Tintin. (I have almost all the books) Just wondering! mini/smile

JuiceBoxStudios wrote:

Is this project still on? I stumbled upon it and I happen to love Tintin. (I have almost all the books) Just wondering! mini/smile

Most likely not.  The last post is from 2013 and GHB hasn't been involved in the brickfilming community in a long time.

That’s too bad... mini/sad oh, well!