Topic: The Adventures of Tintin: in LEGO!

I'm a huge fan of the graphic series: The Adventures of Tintin, as well as the film that came out last year. I've always dreamed of making a lego remake of one of the books, but I never really thought I'd have the resources and motivation to do it. Now, I think I would like to give it a shot.

I'm still deciding on which adventure I should do. But until then, you guys can post your thoughts about it here. I'll probably be doing a huge casting call in a month or so.(if I decide to do it) I've already started on the mini figure design, so I'll post some pics soon.

Re: The Adventures of Tintin: in LEGO!

My favorite was always the Flight 741. This sounds like a cool project, I have to wonder why Lego did not choose to license this. (I bet they wanted to but something came up!)

topitmunkeydog wrote:

My favorite was always the Flight 741. This sounds like a cool project, I have to wonder why Lego did not choose to license this. (I bet they wanted to but something came up!)

Yes, that's one of my favorites too! Considering my resources, I might do Land of Black Gold, or possibly The Broken Ear.

I suggest doing the black island but of the two you listed I'd suggest the land of black gold. (I'm so glad my high school library has tintin books and my public library has the TV show) also shouldn't tintin have health problems from all the concussions he's gotten?

Last edited by END films (May 23, 2013 (04:15pm))

Great choice! Some of my favorites are "Tintin and the Picaros," "Tintin in Tibet" and "Red Racham's Treasure." I'd be totally interested to see the result; good luck!

YouTube | Twitter 

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h364/sfugity/bimTMIRABbanner_zps0970ba17.png
Currently going for the "Most Inactive" BiM award.

Tintin and the Picaros is my favourite story.

I've been looking through my books to visualize a brick film, and I think The Shooting Star would be perfect. I might need more bricks, and a few more minifigs, but I think it would work!

Tintin is one of my favourite comic series!  I think The Secret of the Unicorn or Red Rackham's Treasure would be great, but The Broken Ear or The Shooting Star would be good options as well.  The Seven Crystal Balls would be neat too.

Retribution (3rd place in BRAWL 2015)

&Smeagol      make the most of being surrounded by single, educated women your own age on a regular basis in college
AquaMorph    I dunno women are expensive

Does anyone know if there would be any copyright issues with this?

This may help: http://www.tintin.com/home/ring/charte_en.html

Love Tintin. Love it so much. If I had to choose, I'd go with The Calculus Affair (1956). My next choice would be The Prisoners of the Sun (1949)

If it helps you, I made a Tintin brickfilm once. It isn't based on any story in particular, however.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Been into Tintin since I was six! My favourite is the Seven Crystal Balls. But I also love the Black Island because it was the first one I read.

I like the Tintin books, but unfortunately our library only has like 8 of them. But I think this would be a great idea for a brick film. Good luck, and I am looking forward to the results. mini/wink

Oh, I managed to buy every Tintin book (except for the uncompleted one). I suggest The Calculus Affair, Explorers on the Moon, or Tintin and the Picaros. mini/smile

You can do anything, just have fun while doing it.

Here are the main characters. (except Calculus)

Tintin and Snowy
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/4721/image00002az.jpg

Captain Haddock
http://imageshack.us/a/img14/9356/image00003xa.jpg

Thompson and Thomson
http://imageshack.us/a/img196/5538/image00001sj.jpg

And yes, I know the Thompsons have black mustaches, not orange. I'll probably find a better head for them.

Snowy looks...   interesting. Google images for "lego snowy," or go to minifigs.me and search for Tintin. Those people have a pretty good looking Snowy, maybe try their design. mini/wink

I really like Tintin, and Captain Haddock looks great too. This is a cool idea, I'll be looking forward to hearing more about it.

Great Captain Haddock... well all of them actually, except snowy. Mighty Wanderer has a good idea for snowy. mini/wink

The Thompsons look good. Tintin could be done a little better, in my opinion. In my Tintin brickfilm, I super-glued a tiny piece of orange construction paper to Tintin's head--I didn't use a minifigure hair piece. That could work for you.

And for Snowy, I just painted a LEGO dog white...yeah, there's not much to it. But, it seemed to work.

As for Professor Calculus, I remember seeing a head somewhere that would fit him. If you could get your hands on a LEGO Toy Story 3 set--the one with the Green Army Men--you could use the green beret pieces that come with that set. That could be Calculus' hat. I don't know about the torso, but there has to be something out there that would do.

Mickey wrote:

In my Tintin brickfilm, I super-glued a tiny piece of orange construction paper to Tintin's head--I didn't use a minifigure hair piece.

Yeah, I saw that you did that. In my opinion, it doesn't look realistic at all. I like how your creative, but I think I'm sticking with the orange hair.

I'm probably not making Calculus, because he doesn't appear in the adventure that I'm planning/want to do. (The Shooting Star)

I will make sure to make a better Snowy, as he looks terrible right now.

Thanks for your advice!

Ah, all right. mini/wink