Topic: Making good sets, without grey, tanned bricks is it possible and how?

I can't seem to make good set's for my brickfilms, such as the props.

I have alot of bricks, and I mean alot, however I have alot of blue, yellow, red and white bricks, the basic colours, is it possible to make a really nice set for themes such as sci-fi, fantasy, medieval, I have green baseplate's, and 1 big grey baseplate, and I don't mind ruining the prop once it's done for the scene, I just need some tips, or some examples of basic but efficient set's/props, so me and others can get a head start on making a good set for brickfilms, to make it not only enjoyable for the director, but also the viewers.

Thanks guys, in advance.

Kind regards,
Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."
Working on a better community
Proverbs 26:21

Re: Making good sets, without grey, tanned bricks is it possible and how?

Go to bing.com/images and look for pictures of the types of buildings you would like to view.  go to mocpages.com and look at how people designed elements of their buildings for ideas on creative ways thatr pieces can go together.  Even studying instructions for hte modular series by Lego can help.  Look at brickset.com for official instruction booklets.  THere's no problem with using basic colors for buildings.  I might save the blue for a special occassion.  By the way, waaaaaay a long time ago, I emailed you the second script you wanted and then you disappeared for like a month.  Did you ever get it?

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Hey holdingourown,

Firstly and foremost, thanks for your reply, and its very nice to hear from you again, with the websites I do appreciate it, and will look into it later today, the basic color to me only bothered me if it was to filmed for something besides city life, so for example, I don't know how you could use blue or green in starwars, maybe white but even then, it can look plain, that's were my confusion lied, but I will definetly visit the websites you posted, so thank you for that,

And finally, I did get the second script you wrote me, it wasn't good it was FANTASTIC, I really enjoyed it very much, I am ordering bits of bricks now and then, and collecting enough to make the wide shot scene, also I was away for about a month, to be honest I been very busy, I moved and was working for a bit, so I had no time to go on to be honest, But it's good to be back, and its good to hear from you again,

Also, I don't understand, as I did send you PM's, regarding the script, did you recieve them?

Kind regards,
Generalned

Moderator Notice: This user has been banned for mass vandalism of the Brikifilms wiki.]
"You don't know what you have till you lose it, but then when you realize it, it's probably to late.."

I received nothing on the script for chapter 2.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Hey man, I just checked my outbox, it must have never actually send to you, which is unusual, sorry about that, I'll get onto the PM now, so check it when your on.

Thanks again, it was great,

With kind regards,
Generalned