Topic: Official (or highly accurate) Lego textures/decals

So, I'm venturing into the world of 3D Lego animation. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place I can obtain textures of official Lego parts, such as the patterns on torsos or heads.

If need be, I can always scan torsos and recreate them in vector. But heads are trickier. Smeagol suggests:

Smeagol wrote:

photographing LEGO peeps' heads straight with a long lens is your best bet.

Not exactly ideal, though I suppose it's more of a last resort. Anyone got thoughts on this?

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Re: Official (or highly accurate) Lego textures/decals

I feel like most official LEGO heads would be pretty simple to recreate from sight, unless you need these to be perfectly accurate to the original design. There used to be a lot of modding communities that would occasionally host high res versions of existing decals (though even those were likely eyeballed), but it seems that they've all died off (or decentralized, at the very least). If you do need sub-millimeter accuracy, I'm afraid I don't really have any idea what you could do about the heads.

Re: Official (or highly accurate) Lego textures/decals

Try Brick-Trick. Mostly German-language site, but this bit is in English, and covers mouth animation using "digital decals", which you can download from the 'Glueface' section.