Topic: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

http://i.imgur.com/O1epI.png?1

This is the update thread for our film, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. We will be posting updates on our progress throughout the production and post production stages. We are going to be working on this video in 2 parts. Part 1 will be from Mr. Utterson's prospective and part 2 will be from Dr. Jekyll's. Part 1 is already 100% scripted and we are preparing to animate and record voices. We have just started scripting part 2. Keep an eye out for a casting call as we hope to post that soon. 

Software: produces

Frame Capture: Monkeyjam
Picture editor: GIMP
Audio editor: Audacity
Film editor: Corel VideoStudio pro x4
And the camera is a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910

We do not have a release date set yet but we hope to release part 1 by the end of this year or soon there after. As far as the length goes, our rough estimate is that part 1 will be around 10 min maybe a little longer. Part 2 will be a little shorter then part 1

Last edited by Short Productions (July 24, 2012 (06:16pm))

Re: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Hmm, the "Strang" case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde makes a good title. mini/lol

This sounds good, and the idea is very original, considering it's not a Star Wars or Batman video. I'm looking forward to this.

Have you seen a big-chinned boy?

Got it fixed now. mini/wink

Mickey wrote:

the idea is very original, considering it's not a Star Wars or Batman video

I don't know if original is the right word, considering it's an adaptation of an existing story, but it is an excellent choice to adapt. I look forward to seeing how you'll represent the story in LEGO.

I Like the original story, so this will be interesting. mini/smile

*UPDATE*

We have completed scripting all of part 2. We have combined part 1 and part 2 together so we will not make this into 2 parts as originally planned but it will be one complete film.

Can't wait for the final decision on the cast!

How's progress coming?

I've just finished studying this book in English, it will be interesting to see a lego adaption of the book. A bit of advice make sure you use lighting and set design to make it as gothic as possible!