Re: Developers/Programmers Needed! Let's create a stopmotion program!

Wow, I don't understand this conversation except
noooooo nikon dslrs don't work mini/sad
That's ok though, as I have a webcam.

The problem with nikon support is none of are developer's have nikon dslrs to test and nikon is a little exclusive with there sdk.

I'd just like to jump in here and say something.

I am impressed, very impressed.

When this project first got started, I thought that it would struggle for a week or two and then die.
But no. You guys have come really far with this, and I can't believe all the progress ya'll have made.
And to think that a few guys have come together and made their very own stop-motion software with all these functions for no other reason than love of the hobby is amazing. Keep it up, ya'll are awesome.

Thank you Pritchard.

To start off, like Pritchard I'm very, very amazed how far this has come! Good job.

I have a small question, (it may have been mentioned already, and if so I give you my apologies) Will the software be open source (and free)? Will it also be a frame compilation software and not only a program exclusivity for taking photo's (and onion skinning if possible)?

Anywho, take your time! I'm looking forward to the results!

Yes it will be free. Do you mean where you can import pictures from a camera or rendering the video out from the program, cause importing has been mentioned and we plan to do it also you can render out video files currently limited to .wmv, .avi, and .mov. And yes we would like to have onion skinning.

Would you like me too design a splash screen layout?

edit: I just got a python book mini/cat

BISCUIT!
My website is in construction!

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I'd just like to jump in here and say something.

I am impressed, very impressed.

When this project first got started, I thought that it would struggle for a week or two and then die.
But no. You guys have come really far with this, and I can't believe all the progress ya'll have made.
And to think that a few guys have come together and made their very own stop-motion software with all these functions for no other reason than love of the hobby is amazing. Keep it up, ya'll are awesome.

I'm proud of my squad also, Pritchard- I just wish I could do something to help them out a bit besides standing by and gawk- I don't feel like I'm a well leader.

Anyway, I would like to have input on the name- I loved Brickfilmr, although  some were saying it wasn't suggesting it could be used for claymation; but, it nessecarily wasn't intended for that, right?

As a community input, what do you guys think?

Last edited by CyberCom (March 23, 2013 (07:22am))

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Brickfilmr sounds great.

Unless I'm mistaken, MJ is marketed as a pencil-animation software thingy, and yet stop-motion guys all over use it.
As long as it's description makes it clear that it can be used for any stop-motion animation, I think all will be fine.
And you can always change the name later on. mini/wink

I don't think you can use the name Brickfilmr because the term brickfilm is a trademark.

Ah... Jason Rowoldt coined the phrase.

My life goes by 24fps.
Another free stopmotion program? Possibly! View here! http://www.bricksinmotion.com/forums/po … 6/#p274396

Looked it up, it doesn't exactly mean that we can't use Brickfilmr as there trademark covers the word "Brickfilm" and providing a website which features information about stop motion animation. I would relate it to making a movie using trademarked names and characters like all these batman and star wars brickfilms kinda give or take so it could be bad but they may not care either but if your trademarking something you probably are trying to protect it.

Trademark

Haven't checked this since yesterday, and I too am impressed with the progress of this program. Cybercom has led us well, letting us know what needs to be done, and Tenny has done the same. cwstudios has coded so much it's unbelievable. We're getting there!

Will Brickfilmr be the name?

Furthermore, I added in white balance support for Canon's with the correct hexadecimal values or whatever they are called, including the preset name from my Canon Rebel T3, and included several bridge-values to lessen the gap (i.e. tungsten was 3200, flourescent was 4000, so I added in a 3600 value, and several others). Also, I have done no graphic design mini/sad . That will hopefully get started very quickly.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Awesome caveman, do you have a github account so you can push the code into the repo? As for the name I'm not sure.

Sorry about this, but I type before I tested. The menus have the proper values and such, but it does not interact with the camera. How would I go about this?

Also, I like your profile picture.

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/CavemanIncorporated/BiM_Sig_Monkey_zpse6d51622.jpg

Well here's I did for the rest in Canon.java put.

addCombobox(content, gbc, "White Balance", "WB_", new Callback() {
            public void call(int value) {
                Controls.camera.setProperty(kEdsPropID_WhiteBalance, value);
            }
        });

then in CanonConstants.java I put

public final static int WB_Auto = 0x0;
    public final static int WB_Daylight = 0x1;
    public final static int WB_Cloudy = 0x2;
    public final static int WB_Tungsten = 0x3;
    public final static int WB_Fluorescent = 0x4;

Ok. Got it. My values were way off, I was using these:

public final static int WB_Tungsten = 0x32; 

And that was the lowest value, hence the problem. Still want me to put that on GitHub?

I was just talking in general for any code changes you might make.

Okay. Sounds great, and thanks again mini/smile

I'm interested in this.
But right now I'm learning how to code (JavaScript), even though my computer is VERY slow when it comes to this kind of stuff.